“Michael Harber”

Restaurante Pacomari
Ranked #166 of 453 Restaurants in Nerja
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

A super atmosphere dining in the courtyard. We chose the Special Paella for two . A tasty fresh crispy salad was served was served as a first course.
The main course ,Paella , was the most mouthwatering paella that we had ever experienced .
We came back a few days later to experience the delights of this dish again. I mustn’t forget the jug of sangria which was served with it which enhanced our dining experience.
When we return next year this will be the restaurant that tops our list. A gem that’s too good to miss.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Visited Nerja for the day and stumbled across this place. Lunchtime, August, quite busy. Menu looked good and the food coming out of the kitchen looked very good.
We had lunch. Prawn pil pil, grilled hake.
Very good food, tasty, and the service was faultless.
Will visit again next we visit Nerja.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I suppose that one of the reasons why people choose this place is because the prices in the menu look reasonable...
Well they don't include IVA (VAT) an illegal practice.
The food mediocre
The service unorganized. There are far better places to spend your money.

1  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Our family have been visiting Nerja for 5 years now and have always rated Paco Mari as one of the best restaurants, however very poor service was experienced tonight and we will not be going back.

First thing was that my wife’s sangria was very weak, they did replace it but it was still the same - the owner said that they had changed the recipe due to people complaining that it was too strong and were not finishing it. Sorry do not believe this excuse.

We also had an issue with ordering a shandy - we twice clearly asked for lager with sprite but it still came with Fanta lemon and had to be changed. I felt after this there was a attitude towards our table.

Our meals came and the food was of a good standard - the only issue was that my daughter had ordered a burger which she had asked to be cooked well done, it came was red which she couldn’t eat and she also didn’t want to complain. I dared not say anything to the staff.

Not one member of staff came near us to ask if our meal was fine and that we had received everything that we had ordered, this is the norm for good customer service! No attentiveness at all.

We finished our meal which was good and waited and waited for a member of staff to come near us.

Eventually a waitress came over and cleared half the table, she then went and served another table, cleared another table, served another table, cleared another table.... and didn’t return to us. She was clearly ran off her feet. We decided to just ask for the bill, despite my aunt being due a pudding as she had went for the 3 course menu.

We got the bill and I went to pay to the owner - I stated to her that I was disappointed with the level of service that we received. She said that they were very very busy - I said that I could see that but that she should employ more staff. She simply replied that I would have to pay double for my meal. I would not have a problem with paying more for a better level of service as I didn’t have a problem with the food. Anyway we agreed to disagree and I also explained to her that we had been coming to Nerja for 5 years and had always enjoyed her restaurant. She promptly took my payment and we parted ways.

I’m sorry Paco Mari you have been an enjoyable part of my Nerja holidays over the last 5 years - but we will not be back!

No problem with the food but service is very very poor - compare that to the attentive service of La Fuente - there is no comparison.

1  Thank Aitkenm73
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

The starters all came out at different times and there was a long wait for the plates to be taken away and the mains to arrive.
The mains were nicely cooked, however everything was drowned in garlic oil. Potatoes and veg were swimming in it on the place.

Reasonably priced.