“Nice meal ”

Price range: US$3 - US$23
Description: Food - Bar - Live sport - Pool - Dart
Description: Food - Bar - Live sport - Pool - Dart
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Had a nice meal 2 x steak and a bottle of wine very nice our friends had the jug of cocktail very strong and well worth the €8.95 x kids enjoyed their meals x would have been better without the rude customers commenting on our kids ! Who were well behaved but laughing and spoke loudly as excited !

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Went there for a meal with my partner it was her birthday they gave us a bottle of cava for her birthday, we had the steak meal deal lovely steak proper chips for a change instead of frozen French fries ,waitress was lovely we will be going again thank you to the team at the ponderosa road house

1  Thank david b
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Great place to eat and drink food great very reasonable prices meal deals with a free bottle of wine perfect staff friendly and happy not to be missed

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

A family of six opted for this place on our last days stay at the resort due to convenience.... What a messagem, waitress was wonderful and made sure children were entertained and always served us with a smile, fantastic girl, unfortunately for us it went downs down hill from then, starters nothing special but decent enough for what was orded, apartamento from the gambas pil pil. Not hot nor spicy or worth the 9 euros charged for approx 7 miniscule Prawns, you know the ones you buy a kilo for at 4.99 at the supermarket, slimming in oil and Cherry tomatoes to fill up the plate, 9 euros???. not even on the promenade toby charged that.

We then ordeded mais, kids meals and 4 mixed grills €35.95 for two, descriptions say 2 x etc, but really it should States one as total is charged and your mixed grill will only contain one of each.
My problem isnt the quantity, it was more than enough, it was the misleading description, making you believe you have more than you bargain for, also served cold and no seasoning what so ever, whats happened to chefs, scares to use tastebuds!!
For 6 people and what will be a € 170 bill, we expect much better.

I know better than most what a bad reviews can Do to a business and believe me when i tell to you i thought long and hard weather to speak up or let it side, every business has bad days, but if you love food and you know food, this was unforgivable, the waitress however was impeccable, worth every cent of her ceirtainly, low wage.
We really need to up the game of good food, wherever we are, they may just be tourists and likely you will not see them again, but pride in what to u Do, should be number one, or you are in the wrong business.
Sorry but its an honest and sincere option i could not hold back, too much!!

4  Thank Alibaby095
PonderosaRoadhouse1, Gæsteansvarlig at Ponderosa Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Normally I never respond to comments on TripAdvisor as I believe that everyone has the right to agree or disagree with the way we work and what we believe in. This time, however, I will make an exception.
To start with, I'm sorry we did not live up to your expectations and, of course, take your review very seriously. However, there are a few things in the review that are actually wrong and I have to point that out

Your bill was not 170 € but 127.60€

Our Gambas pil pil does not contain 7 small shrimps but always 10 medium sized prawns as well as cherry tomatoes, garlic and pil pil spice. I'm sorry that you didn't like it and we will, of course, take note of your criticism, but this is the recipe we find the best at the moment.
However, I'm glad that everything was eaten (Both starters and mains).

Our mixed grill is described as this in our menu
“Ponderosa Mixed Grill for Two € 35.95
2 125g sirloin steaks, 2 chicken breast, 2 4oz gammon steak, 2 sausage, 2 fried eggs”

I'm sorry that the description has confused you and I’m sorry you expected 4 steaks, 4 chicken breasts, 4 gammon steaks, 4 sausages, 4 fried eggs and a free bottle of wine for € 35.95

We try to make our food is as good as possible. e.g. our steaks are 45 days dry aged to make sure they are tender and juicy, our steakhouse fries are homemade etc. We live to give our customers the best experiences from arriving at Ponderosa until they leave.

Kind regard
Michael

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Short walk from our accommodation was this little gem of a place. Friendly service, quality steak, a lovely red (the wife) and a nice drop of cider. Well happy and well set for the walk up the hill.