All reviews small kitchenette studio apartment private pool central location bars and clubs excellent location underground parking good size toilet roll self catering bathroom door across the road pool bar kitchen area two single beds buffet breakfast reception staff were very helpful
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Clean, well located with ok food.

The pool area is a little grotty but a nice buffet selection for breakfast and dinner.

For the money spent I think it’s worth it but not somewhere I would take the wife.

We used it as a base for a golfing stag do and the hotel is brilliant located to some great courses as well as nights out.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Found the location of this hotel superb. Lobby modern decor but the rooms outdated. Studio was big couch and tiny galley kitchen large balcony. Pool was outdated and boring in my opinion but the beach across the road is so near plus the marina. I’d stay as a couple but not with my kids found it too big and impersonal.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jencork
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at PYR and it is primarily for the location. Right opposite the port, 5 min walk to fish alley.
We had a studio apartment this time and it was really spacious with a separate lounge area with a couch as well as a kitchenette (tiny but useful), no kettle as seems to be pretty standard but fridge and hob which is really handy.
We were at the back of the hotel near POGs bar so there was no view from the balcony or morning sun but it was a lot quieter than being on the front.
Rooms cleaned daily and new towels etc. a couple of times a week.
We had no trouble getting sun loungers, although it was before school holidays so not sure about high season.
Hotel in general really clean, staff helpful, rooms dated but good size and a good location. Would stay again

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2018

The hotel is excellently placed on the front and has an excellent pool area. The room was large and the breakfast choice very good BUT that's where it ends.
I paid £1,050 for a 7 night stay and expected a lot more for my money.
A kitchen and no kettle ?? wall light above the bed hanging off the wall on the wires, a constant drip of water from the room above into the bath (Chinese water torture) and subsequent fusty smell and mould growth on the ceiling. Non of the mentioned were addressed. I don't know about other rooms but 609 is tired and dated.
I've stayed in 4 other hotels in Fuengirola as this has been the least favourable. I'll be returning to the resort but not the PYR.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms have afternoon and evening sun and are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Pyr hotel with family.
Would highly recomend it..very helpful staff..rooms cleaned every day..great view..very central..lots of restaurants and bars.would go back again..thanks for a very lovely holiday.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family