All reviews rooftop pool sea view frosted glass smaller building flights of stairs fine stay perfect location buffet breakfast was good shower gel and shampoo train bus station booked room only hire sunbeds spanish village across the road bars and restaurants per day recommend hotel
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Came in September to this hotel was surprised when saw it the size of the two towers.
The room was compact had 2 single beds in nice sized bathroom with a good shower they provided shower gel and shampoo.
The only disappointment was there is no tea/coffee making facilities in room. You can hire them but it’s €5 per day.
Would definitely come back to the hotel and to Fuengirola.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank suzannepI330RY
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I'm not going to start by complaining about the extra costs, I checked reviews before booking so no shocks , the only extra I took was the safe £17.50 for 5 days . Hotel is in a perfect location and is spotlessly clean , the room was in the small tower 4th floor overlooking the street/fish alley and other apartments payed £260 for 5 nights wasn't expecting a sea view. Room was a bit small but ok it took a while to get used to the glass door (not frosted) on the shower/toilet the sink unit outside it helped to block the view from the Bed.We didn't eat at the hotel or use the pool but did go up to the Sky Bar for the great sunsets ( spectacular). I would return to the El Puerto.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank wendymB1810WP
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Pro's Fabulous location, great roof top pool and bar, Hotel and rooms spotless, as I was in a room on my own the bathroom situation wasn't such an issue for me.
Cons. No tea/coffe making facilities in the room you have to pay extra for this, safe in the room you have to pay extra for, you even have to pay for pool towels, not even an iron and board in the room.. This hotel isn't that cheap to stay in do the fact that you have to pay extra for these items was a bit off putting, one of our party actually paid €20 for a kettle for 4 days.
Check in was slow and chaotic though the staff are very pleasant and polite.
Would I stay here again? Because of the location yes but, only if they put these items in the rooms for free or, if space is an issue they could offer these items for free should customers ask forthem. This is why I can't give the full 5.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here from 8th-15 th September. Fantastic location. Room over looking the sea. I got this by e mailing and asking if it would be possible to have this view. On arrival I was given a sea view room. Cleanliness is fantastic. Has I had read previous reviews I had bought my travel kettle. Cost 20 euros for a safe which I recommend. Staff were very helpful. Special request to Marco working in sky bar / pool. So friendly. I never had a problem getting a sun bed. However in high season could see this would be a problem. Air con is noisy but bearable. Room size was ok. Glass separated the bathroom however half of it is frosted. We stayed on level 10. Will definitely be returning

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this Hotel the beginning of September staff were very friendly and helpful the hotel was very clean, good location across the road from the beach. We stayed on a half board basis they had a good selection of food for both sittings BUT we found the food was never hot we complained to the manager but nothing really changed .The roof top pool and bar gives you great views but not enough Sunbeds so we went to the beach and hired a sunbed with cushion for 5 Euros each from 09.00 19.00 .This hotel has know inside bar you also have to bring a travel iron with you as the hotel does not supply these but there is a laundry service at a cost.

1  Thank leamingtonian1
JoseLuisS1754, Director General at Hotel El Puerto by Pierre & Vacances, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for writing a remark about our hotel. All your suggestions help us to improve in all our services .
About the temperature of the food we are sorry but we have all day in the buffet a chef manager who tries to have the food as hottiest as he can.
We feel that you have not enjoyed your stay as you thought. We hope to see you again here and that your experience is better.

Best regards. Jose Luis Saiz , General Manager in Hotel El Puerto by Pierre et Vacances.