1,265 results
All reviews rovers return train station walls are thin across the road plenty of choice veal fuengirola centre on a half board basis fussy eater choice of food taxi rank cleaned every day clean towels min walk malaga airport bit dated outdoor pool
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Visiting from Ireland it was our first time in this part of the world and we were unsure of what to expect. The hotel is located close to shops restaurants, beach and train. Even though it is advertised as Fuengirola with Jet2 it is about 2-3 miles from Fuengirola and is actually situated in Torreblanca, the train does go to Fpuengirola every 20 minutes which makes up for this. We had breakfast included in the holiday but would say that the food is based towards Europeans, it is all good and fresh but not really what you would prefer when hung over. The main problem with the hotel is the air con in the rooms. We set this for 19°c which cooled the room down, we would fall asleep and wake up with the air con back at 26°c. This would happen 5 or 6 times a night so we got very little sleep while we were there. Coming from Ireland it is impossible to sleep in that heat. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and overall I would say its not too bad.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Federico L, Gerente at Hotel Monarque Fuengirola Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we regret the inconveniences caused by the breakdown in your AC, we wonder if your reported it to reception, we ares sure we were able to solve it.!

Sincerely !!

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived on 23rd August, 9 of us in our party (Adults & Children). We had read some of the hotel reviews before we came away and we were a little apprehensive, but the hotel proved all the negative reviews wrong in our opinion.
We had a fantastic holiday from start to finish. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the staff helpful and friendly and the hotel location is fantastic with the lovely beach, train station and supermarket minutes away.
The entertainment staff were outstanding, they worked tirelessly hard from morning to night. There was something for all our children to do. The older ones enjoyed the riffle shooting and the younger ones loved the disco and party games. All the children joined in Waterpolo and aquagym and they all loved the water inflatables. The evening entertainment was also good, we all enjoyed the magic show, parrot show and flamenco dancing. We were half board, and have no complaints about the food, it was good and there was plenty of variety, something for everyone (my husband especially loved the fish and prawns and the pork ribs).
We had no problems with noise in our rooms at all but note we were on the quiet side of the hotel with the sea view facing the bull.
Yes the sun loungers are locked up until 10am - but we felt this was a great idea as it stopped guests getting up at stupid o’clock to reserve beds, and we never ever had a problem getting beds at 10.
The only negative we would say is the lifeguard is Very strict, he watches the children like hawks which is great, but he was a little over the top at times, telling the children off on one occasion for simply sitting by the pool with their legs in the water (he said the pool was for swimming not sitting), and for practicing dives (which he didn’t like). He was a lovely chap to talk to and very friendly & helpful but we felt he was a little OTT at times, but we appreciate he had a job to do, which he did very well in all fairness.
We visited the Costa Water Park on the sea - the children all enjoyed this but be aware there were lots of Jellyfish in the sea when we visited. The beach lifeguard had jellyfish warning flags up on bad days and we did see several people get stung one day. That being said, none of our children were stung and loved the beach & enjoyed swimming in the sea.
All in all it was a Lovely family holiday, we would recommend the mojitos at the bar they were gorgeous. The holiday was great value for money and far exceeded our expectations. Would definitely return for another visit.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SarahT1220
Federico L, Gerente at Hotel Monarque Fuengirola Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you for the great review of our hotel ! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon !!!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We had a great stay, ours was a packaged holiday with extended full board, excellent price! We usually have no high expectations anywhere we go and maybe for that reason we were happy with the food, but we eat mostly fresh fruit and veggies, fish etc. so plenty of choice for us. The food could be cold sometimes, that is true, but not AWFUL as some people here suggest. The only thing I can point out which could really ruin my holiday as I am a very light sleeper - the walls, they are really thin, having read some reviews before we went, we were equipped with ear plugs and thank God for that! We could not only hear the other guests talking but also WHAT they were talking about. The rooms definitely need some renovation so maybe it would be wise to invest in some sound insulation. On other hand they were very clean and contain all neccessities. Wi-fi signal was not bad at all on floor 2. We came for the beach and this is what's great about this hotel- this and the lovely staff - it is a 2 min walk from the beach, next to the train and bus stations. Excellent location. Overall the hotel didn't disappoint us.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Federico L, Gerente at Hotel Monarque Fuengirola Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we appreciate your comments and it will be considered in nesxt investments plans !!

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon !!!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Returned yesterday from a week at the Fuengirola Park and thouroghly enjoyed our week. We found it great value, to put it into perspective we paid just over £1300 for a week all inclusive for 2 adults and a 7 year old (free child place) in the height of the UK school holidays! Rooms are small and the decor is dated but the maid who incidentally was really friendly kept it spotlessly clean as may have said you don't go on holiday to stay in your rooms. I really enjoyed the food, I'm not a meat and two veg person so a menu catering for Spaniards on the whole is well to my liking. I had a cooked breakfast every morning and loved the small fried eggs, my only criticism of breakfast is they only had "British sausage" once. Lunch plenty of salads, plus hot selections always having a pasta or chips option for my little one and there was always fresh paella which was replenished as soon as each of the 3 pans emptied. Dinner always had decent selections, if you like fish you can really go for it, options like Angler (Monk) fish in almond, Hake, Salmon, Flounder, Cod , Sardines, Mackerel plus shellfish , squid and octopus. The mexican night being the one I liked most as mixed with jalepenoes the suaces had more than a reasonable kick! Only criticism being could do a bit more for kids.
Bars the staff were great, quickly knowing your regular orders, what I really liked about the Oasis Bar was the little plates of hot and cold snacks they served around about
midday. Never had a problem getting served at any of the bars as service was really efficient.
The entertainment wasn't great but my daughter loved the mini disco, saying she preferred it to previous family life entertainment(as she found it easier to make friends) Pools are good and well kept, my daughter had no problem spending 6 hours in them on one day!
Location is brilliant, just throgh the underpass at the Cedrillion end and you are literally on the beach, there is also a bus stop this side with a bus every 20 mins or so into Fuengirola centre. The train station is 3 mins walk from the main entrance. Some really decent and inexpensive local bars around if you want a change of scenery.
We heard two old couples moaning that there were too many Spanish people in the hotel - Wake up and smell the coffee you are in Spain! I want to feel like I'm abroad when I'm on holiday!!
Thouroughly enjoyable week for us, my daughter made some great Spanish and British friends. I'd go back no problem at all but probably won't because we like to try new places.
One tip - found it better to eat early, the restaurant is quiet until about 8.45 after that it is busy!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank aciderplease
Federico L, Gerente at Hotel Monarque Fuengirola Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon !!!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Spent a week at this hotel and found it fine there where three of us me my wife and ten year old son the room was big enough for us but if there had been another person it would of been cramped,we where on the quiet side of the hotel facing the bull on the hill and had no problems with noise the walls where a bit thin and it sometimes sounded as if your neighbour was showering in your bathroom but didn’t cause us a problem, as for the food you would have to be a pretty fussy eater to not find something to eat one night there was duck in orange sauce another beef and plenty of selection if you prefer a salad and all cooked well couldn’t fault it . The rooms where cleaned daily and found the hotel in general very clean as I said in the title would use the hotel again, dont expect five star but for what we paid for half board in the middle of the school holiday, this hotel was more than adequate.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mark500073
Federico L, Gerente at Hotel Monarque Fuengirola Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you for the review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon .

Sincerely