All reviews one night stay pedestrianised street continental breakfast fresh towels every day enjoyed my stay nice clean hotel stay there again third floor small balcony short stay train and bus twin beds few minutes walk restaurants and bars air conditioning excellent location beach front
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Stayed in REYESOL in Dec 2017 & Jan 2018. Arrived late at night from airport (mid night) using Calle Cuesta to hotel car park as directed by hotel. Hotel did not ask for my car registration, nor did were there any signs (in any language) informing guests that the hotel needed guests car registration to give to the council. To date I have received 4 traffic fines of £36 each from Fuengirola council for using the only access road to the hotel car park. I contacted Fuengirola council explaining that I was a guest in the REYESOL. They said that the REYESOL hotel is supposed to advise them of a guests car registration (so that the guest is allowed to use the road) which means that no fines are levied for using the road. The council had not received any notification from the hotel of my car registration. They advised me to contact the hotel as it was the hotel's responsibility.
I contacted hotel manager on several occasions who refused to accept any liability or make any gesture to compensate e.g. a free nights accommodation or a meal. Basically he said that it was my fault for using the access road. I was under the impression that I had the right to use the access road to the hotel car park as it was the hotel who told me to use the road.
The hotel itself is a well located, pleasant hotel, however the attitude of the hotel manager towards his guests is frankly terrible and close to insulting.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2018

The hotel is located in the center of Fungirola and around 300 meters both from the beach and from public transport (train and bus stations).
The reception staff is cooperative, although a little slow.
The hotel is very clean.
I was given a room but I had to change because the TV control set was not working.
It was not possible to get a one bed room because not availability.
The size of the room and bed quality was average. The bathroom was nice and big. The most negative point about the room was the bad sound isolation (neighbors, corridors, plumbing, street).
The breakfast was relatively poor but ok for the hotel category.
Obviously if you need amenities (gym, spa, swimming pool) this is not the one you can find them.
Summarizing, a good hotel in its class. I recommend it to budget travelers for transit or short stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Hotel R, Director de Recepción at Hotel Reyesol, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you very much for your comments, they are very important for us, they help us to improve and evolve.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Hotel comfortable and clean, beds comfortable, plenty of storage space in the rooms. rooms had TV but no telephone or hairdryer so take your own. that's the only down side no hairdryer. the hotel is within walking distance to shops, bus terminus and beach front. staff very pleasant. there are plenty of eating places nearby. There is a restaurant next door. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel R, Director de Recepción at Hotel Reyesol, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you very much for your comments, they are very important for us, they help us to improve and to evolve. If you want to return to our Hotel, you can request a hair dryer, we always have them available to our Clients at reception.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We were coming to Fuengirola to meet with friends from Scotland for Hogmanay and found Reyesol as having a room and parking space for the car, Ideal. Given a twin room which was clean and pleasant with clean functional bathroom with shower and only 60€ for the night with continental Breakfast - all we could have wanted

Room Tip: perhaps ask for a room looking onto the street, ours overlooked a courtyard
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeeDee3
Hotel R, Director de Recepción at Hotel Reyesol, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Small hotel in a great location. We've used this small hotel several times but this time it seemed dirtier than usual. Cleaned and fresh towels in the bathroom everyday but not as nice as usual. Also there was a very strong smell of marijuana in the hall, coming from a room very close to ours, probably next door. We reported it to reception but he didn't show any interest. Probably give this hotel a miss on our next visit to Fuengirola, which is great, visit at least twice a year. There's plenty of budget hotels in this location.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple