“Nicely done”

Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
More attraction details
Owner description: Northwest Arkansas' only botanical garden! The Botanical Garden of the Ozarks features 12 themed gardens & Arkansas’ only butterfly house, with landscaped grounds where four seasons of native flora and fauna thrive. The garden is a unique and enchanting venue for events of all kinds, including weddings, corporate meetings, private gatherings and birthday parties. Other garden events include: free summer concerts, the popular Firefly Fling family festival, the International Festival, Little Sprouts and Garden Buds educational programs for children & more. Come explore with us!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very pretty gardens and well laid out. Lots of mature shrubs, trees and even a butterfly house. Beautiful. Our only negative experience was the lady at the desk taking entrance fees. I asked if they offered either a senior discount or a veterans discount. She proceeded to give me a lecture about why they don't offer discounts and that no one does except the movie theater. (Not true - we get them all the time). Then she said in a very snippy voice "Well, do you still want to go in?" I told her I never said I didn't want to go in I only asked if they offered a discount which isn't a crime. No reason for her to be so rude as she was. Hopefully this place will give some employee training about how to treat customers. She was a real damper on the experience.

All reviews
"few hours"
"lake fayetteville"
"love this place"

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. There are lots of places to sit and enjoy the scenery. This would be great for multi-generational parties. There's a lot of art and sculpture to enjoy with the flora. There's opportunity for expansion here, and I look forward to future visits as it matures.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I originally walked to the garden by walking the path at lake Fayetteville and ended up at back part of the garden, which didn't look opened. I walked back to my car and called. They were open so I drove and parked at the actual garden. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The butterflies weren't there yet but garden was beautiful and serene.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We stopped in not knowing what to expect. A great Garden with very neat kids area. Cant wait to go back when flowers are in full bloom and the butterflies are out

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I'm a little torn on my feelings about this botanical garden. It's rather small compared to other towns. We paid $7.00 per person, and we do not feel we got value. I'm sure if I returned as Spring was in full bloom, I'd feel the $7.00 was reasonable.

The outdoor garden is a series of areas that are connected by gravel paths and cement walkways. There are Japanese gardens, chicken pens, trellis porch swings, bird feeders, little kid areas and picnic spots. We were there in March on a beautiful day, but nothing was in bloom. All the vegetation, trees, shrubs and grass were still dormant. The unfriendly ladies working inside seemed just fine charging $7.00 for a garden that's not yet a garden.

My daughters have both been here for events and pictures. They loved the color and layout. Given what I saw of the basic layout, I can see how this might be pretty. I really think young toddlers would love this place. It's a perfect size with lots of kid friendly things like train seats, giant walking stick bug and play area. The place is small enough that a parent could plop down in one spot and keep an eye on them while they enjoy the garden.

We lasted about 30-45 minutes in the garden where easily half of that was just sitting in the swing or on a bench watching birds. If we didn't sit and relax, this would have been a 20-25 minute visit. If everything were in full bloom, I could see an hour to an hour and a half. If you brought a picnic basket (not sure on their rules), you could spend a lot longer.

1  Thank CraftBeers
Liz A, Public Relations Manager at Botanical Garden of the Ozarks, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hi and thanks for your feedback! March is a slower time of year at the garden, as most of the display gardens are not yet blooming. The day you visited was during our Orchid Show & Sale, so most of the guests were stopping by for that event. Mid to late April is when things really begin to blossom. The beautiful color usually lasts through early November. We hope you will consider coming back for a visit during our peak season.

Because we are a small nonprofit organization, our Visitors Center staff are all volunteers. They do their best to juggle visitors, phone calls and garden events, but we apologize if you had an unpleasant encounter.

We would love to have you come back for one of our free concerts this summer, to experience all the beauty and fun the garden has to offer - and yes, picnics are welcome!