All reviews steak sandwich nice clean hotel last sunday lots of free parking long hours lovely girl lovely night senior staff comfortable stay bridal suite hot breakfast garlic potatoes food was lovely local town pleasure of staying saturday night fantastic stay
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I live locally and attended 2 shows at the hotel since it reopened. Both performances by the bands were excellent but the hotel let itself down badly.
There seems to be no managment bar service is totally disorganised and run by young people with no bar experience. Last night it was so bad people qued for up to 30 minutes for a drink. The food service is no better it was a long wait for service the food was poor and the staff disintetested.
This could be a fine venue but it will have to up its game considerably.
Its also over priced for a nights stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank rugbyref13
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a night for our anniversary as we were meeting friends in the area for a celebration. Check in time was 3pm. We arrived at 4 and were just told very casually that our room wasn’t available yet and we should wait in the bar. No mention of whether someone would come and get us or how long we’d have to wait. We went in and there was already an unhappy group sitting in there having a discussion about the fact that their room wasn’t available either. When I went out a while later to ask how long it would be I was told “about half an hour ok”. So we started making plans to stay elsewhere as we were under time pressure and our main reason for staying here was to get ready to go out with our friends. When my wife went to reception to ask for a refund of our pre-paid rate, the owner got us a room immediately, though the other group were still waiting in the bar as we got checked in.

It was a bad start and it wouldn’t be fair to slate the whole place because of one incident so I’ve listed the pros and cons of the place as I saw them:

Pros:

-lovely grounds

- lovely residents bar with really comfortable couches and chairs

- big modern tv in the room

- powerful shower in the room

- when we arrived in our room someone brought us a box of chocolates and a card for our anniversary. We eventually realised that neither of us told them it was our anniversary so they must have been meant for someone else. I apologise to that other couple but the sweets were very nice!

Cons:

- our room was over the smoking area/ outdoors drinking area and we could hear every single word being spoken outside when the windows were open.

- lots of loud music audible until around 1am. Didn’t bother me too much but it kept waking my wife.

- the cups in the room seem to get rinsed rather than washed. There were coffee stains on them.

- the shower is in the bath so u have to climb in. Elderly people or those with mobility difficulties would struggle to manage it.

Overall it wasn’t for us. Everything was just ok, including the room, the breakfast and the service. It looks like the place needs a manager, as I couldn’t see one around. It looks like the owners are trying their best and, while we probably won’t return, the other reviews make it seem like standards are improving.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We attended a family function, a communion at this hotel and to say it was a disaster is an understatement. For a ‘new’ hotel the carpets are all ripped on the stairs in the bar area if someone caught their shoe it would cause a serious accident and I’d say the carpet also hadn’t been hoovered since the place opened. We had booked for the meal to be at 1 in the afternoon, we were told the room wasn’t ready, we didn’t get sitting down and ordering our food until just before 2. The service was a complete and utter joke no professionalism with any of the waitresses the candles kept falling from the candlestick holder over onto the table and one waitress was going to just put it back up and light it again and we had young children sitting at our table again some could of seriously been hurt. When our food eventually was served the plates were all filthy and felt greasy myself and another family member were skeptical of actually eating the food, we ate some and the food was terrible it was like the plate, so greasy the main course was no better the chicken was so dry, I wouldn’t of given any of it to a starving dog never mind actually serving it to people. No one cleared our tables of the dirty dishes so our table was full of dirty dishes we had to constantly ask for the table to be cleared. During the course of the meal one of the children in the room from another communion party dropped her glass of orange juice by accident, these things happen, the owner of the hotel came over and only picked the obvious pieces off glass, she never swept the floor and actually cleaned the spilt juice with a piece of bread I couldn’t believe it. There’s no such thing as professionalism in this hotel it’s a complete joke and was very disappointing to spend a day that was supposed to be special for the family in this venue. It’s obvious that myself and my family will definitely not be returning here and the only recommendation I can give is to avoid the place completely.

Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank lucy95578
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend, Eileen and her lovely staff couldn't do enough for us, what a beautiful place. Booked again for July. Tommy the barman is great craic even éileen the owner was up dancing on the night..

Trip type: Travelled with family
Keith P, Owner at Treacys Hotel Monaghan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Emma,

It is wonderful to read you had such a lovely stay with us. Many thanks for your review and we look forward to seeing you back in July.

Keith Power
Proprietor
keith@treacyshotelmonaghan.com

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely place great food friendly staff a very down to earth approach i am very lucky to have it close by i eat here most days the food is lovely and there is always a great band at the weekends

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Keith P, Owner at Treacys Hotel Monaghan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Thank you so much for your review, it is very kind. We are so happy to read you enjoyed our food so much.

Keith Power