Open today: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM

from US$110.00
from US$120.00
from US$376.20
More Info
All reviews spotting animals costa rica corcovado guide company landscape
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Allan responded promptly to my requests for information about the tour, was helpful in deciding on what would be the best option for our family of four, and upon arriving at Drake bay he met with us the evening before the tour to get to know us. All this created a really nice personal connection. Besides being the contact for Osa Great adventures, Allan was the guide for our tour and he was excellent. He has grown up in the area and has worked as a guide for many years and really communicates his love for the area. He is a generalist, knowing about and able to spot mammals, birds, insects, and flora. On our one day tour to Sirena Station we saw all four monkey species, a tapir, a cayman, a crocodile, agouti, coati, toucans, a crested owl and a beautiful trogon, among other things. Allan seemed to especially be good at spotting birds. At one point, Allan heard, smelled, and began to track some wild pigs off the trails, but some in our family did not like the idea of a wild pig encounter so we gave that up. But I think the fact that Allan was excited at the prospect gives an indication of the kind of adventurous approach he brings to his work. I was also impressed by the way Allan worked with the other guides we encountered: he seemed to be friends with them all and was able to exchange information much to everyone's mutual benefit. Allan also set us up with an excellent snorkeling guide for a trip to Cano Island later during our stay. I would highly recommend Allan and Osa Great Adventure

Date of experience: August 2021
Allan G, Gerente at Osa Great Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Many thanks for your comment. We do our best and it makes us happy to see that our clients love it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A couple of weeks ago, I did the 3 day tour from Puerto Jiménez to Sirena. The first day was a long 20km hike from Carate to Sirena. The taxi driver was the kindest guy and I had a great time with my first guide. The walk was intense, yet beautiful. Even though it rained a lot, it was easy to keep our spirits high due to the environment. Corcovado is full of wildlife and the beaches are the most beautiful ones in Costa Rica. You're also there by yourself.

In Sirena I met Alan and he fixed a lot of my issues. Due to the covid situation, he went above and beyond to get me my pcr test in the jungle (because I was flying back home after) and even had a back up plan when the doctor cancelled last minute. I also forgot my glasses somewhere and he made it possible to get them to Sirena station (and therefore restored my vision to enjoy my surroundings).

Thank you Alan for your interesting (to say at least ) takes on life. I had a blast with you!! Pura vida.

Date of experience: August 2021

Many thanks for leaving your review. I t makes us happy to know that you had a great time.

Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

This Corcovado tour was definitely above our expectations, by the hand of a very friendly and professional tour guide (Dago), who made sure that all our requests and expectations were fullfilled!
Totally recommend!

amazing282015, Manager at Osa Great Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Many thanks for your review. It pleases us to see happy clients.

Reviewed 18 July 2021

Allan was the key to the door of the Osa Peninsula. His quick response through WhatsApp gave me the reassurance that we had someone -on the ground- who could help us with anything.

I enjoy planning our trips instead of going through an international company (like Gateway 1). Allan was the point man who lined up all our excursions and was always available to answer my questions – even for things outside the Osa!
Not only was his response always fast, he was able to meet with us before each of our excursions that he lined up for us – Cano Island and Corcovado National Park.

One of the connections Allan hooked up for us, was with an amazing guide in Corcovado: Bolivar. Sure, you can book with a company that offers a triple PhD biologist etc. but nothing compares to going into this pristine wilderness with someone who can call this place their home; literally, Bolivar grew up right outside the park. His *truly passionate* approach to discovering nature is captivating. For me, it means a lot more to go with someone who loves what they do every day, versus someone who can spot and name the scientific species of any bird, but is exasperated every time you ask a question. I watched this happen, from more than one guide of a prestigious company, while we ate our meals at Sirena Station in Corcovado.

I would be doing a disservice to my fellow travelers if I didn’t mention our guide on the snorkeling tour was probably having a bad day, seemed a little disengaged and hectic once we were in the water, but he also had a lot on his plate (a family with two kids that weren’t strong swimmers) so extending benefit of the doubt.. Otherwise, I’m very pleased with our overall experience and particularly glad we were able to put our tourist dollars directly in the hands of real locals.

Lastly, Allan went above and beyond when he surprised us with getting our return boat to drop us off at a different beach than where we departed. I didn’t even ask, but he anticipated our needs and made it happen. Again and again. Cheers and happy travels.

Note: my personal background (pre c19) was working for the world's largest hotel company for 10 years, which followed a 5 year career working as a hospitality director for touring musical acts at The Great Saltair in SLC, Utah.

Date of experience: July 2021
amazing282015, Manager at Osa Great Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2021

We truly appreciate your comment. It make us deeply happy to hear such things.

Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

We took a whitewater rafting tour I booked through Osa great adventures. It was one of the best excursions I’ve been on ever! The staff was so phenomenal and very safety conscious but yet still allowed us to have so much fun. It was thrilling, exciting and absolutely breathtaking. I will definitely be doing this again my next trip to Costa Rica. There are no words to describe how awesome the white water rafting trip was through the Savangre River. A definite MUST DO! Thank you Allan Guavere for making sure everything was prefect.

Date of experience: July 2021
amazing282015, Manager at Osa Great Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2021

Many thanks for your review, we definitely appreciate it. It is always satisfying to get such comments from our clients.