“Entertaining and informative”

Good Enough Mine Tour
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Tombstone
More attraction details
Owner description: The Goodenough Mine is one of the twenty five producing silver mines in the Tombstone Mining District, which started the mining boom which resulted in the incorporation of the City of Tombstone. When you take the tour, you will be shown through the original 1879 workings by a knowledgeable guide, and learn all about nineteenth century hard rock silver mining. You'll see what the ore looked like, learn about how it was processed, see some beautiful rocks and minerals, and artifacts and structures that have been in place for 130 years. This is one of the mines owned by Ed Schieffelin, the founder of the town, part of the Tombstone Mill and Mining Company, which he founded as well. The Goodenough Mine Tour is the most authentic and unique attraction in the City of Tombstone, and you'll see the results of the hard work of the miners. It's an experience that you will enjoy.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was an adult only tour until we caught up with our three kids, but the guide rolled with it. He was funny and informative and probably had whiskey in the “tea” he was drinking but no judgement here. My kids love Minecraft, and this was their first experience in a real mine. It’s been almost a month and they are still talking about it.

2  Thank misadventureyels
in 13 reviews
"ore"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s difficult to tell the difference in the tourist traps and the authentic attractions in Tombstone. Reluctantly we signed up for the Good Enough Mine tour - let’s be honest, who doesn’t like a good mine to explore? Hunter was enthusiastic and seemed knowledgeable as the tour began. Again, at this point I couldn’t tell if he was acting or being authentic. Perhaps he’s just good at what he does and that’s the point. We were anticipating a gimmicky short tour which ended in a store full of worthless rocks to pawn off on unsuspecting tourists. Much to my chagrin, the tour was fantastic and there was no worthless rocks at the end of the tour!

Hunter did a fantastic job guiding us through the mine and shared fascinating stories of miner life and it’s influence on the town. There were only four of us on the tour which made it unique and intimate. I’ve been on tours where there are tons of people asking annoying questions the whole time while standing in the back barely able to hear. This tour was not that kind of experience. Go on the tour. Make sure to have some extra cash to tip the tour guide.

2  Thank Jesse B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I came to tombstone with my boyfriend because I know he’s always wanted to go but I’ve been to tombstone a couple times before years ago. I’ve been through this tour before about 9 year ago as a teenager and it was a better experience this time. There were only 6 other people in my group so I think that might be why it was so much more enjoyable because I think with a large group, it would be pretty closed in and just not as much fun. Our tour guide Hunter was really funny and informative. It was about a 45 minutes to an hour long which I think is a good amount of time. If you want a fun and informative tour on basically the founding of Tombstone, I suggest taking this tour. I personally think 15/ticket for adults is a reasonable amount. Oh! And the lady who greeted us and gave us tickets was soooo sweet! I didn’t get her name but I wish I did to give her a shoutout. She really made me comfortable (I get anxious being around new or a lot of people in a new area) and excited for this tour. Sweet lady with dark hair and bangs, you’re the best.

2  Thank andreaj0508
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Different from CA Sierra mines. Knowledgeable guide (just 2 of us with him). Saw a lot of the mine on different levels and different work activities. If you are there and have any interest in mines, then go.

3  Thank cj02139
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This tour walks you through the mine (not steep or difficult except for a wooden staircase of about 70 steps to exit) to give you a vivid illustration of how & why they mined here for silver totally by hand (except to haul out the ore which was done by steam donkey). If you do this tour in combination with the copper mine tour in Bisbee (see our seperate review), you will completely understand how even the earliest machinery dramatically increased the productivity of mining and the welfare of miners.

4  Thank aussiewanderers