L'Auberge de Sedona
US$432
Expedia
  • Breakfast included
3,677 results
All reviewsoutdoor showercreek sidecreekside cottageno tippingduck feedingvista suitecreekside diningthe cottagesvalet staffwood burning fireplacebeautiful creekred rocksturn down servicebeautiful propertygolf cartspa servicesthe entire staff
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend took me here for a birthday weekend surprise. This is a beautiful property. We had a gorgeous upgraded corner room. The sunken tub was delightful and the room was cozy farmhouse style. Although one thing missing in the room was a full length mirror, a must for any woman dressing up for the night.
Where I struggle on this review is the service. We normally stay at the Ritz Carlton, in the cities we travel too. This is at the same price point but not close to the same service level. Although each staff member wished me a happy birthday, that is where the good service ended. Firstly, when we pulled up to valet they began taking the cars behind us first. We sat there awkwardly. Then we requested early check in. We arrived at 3:00 and were told that someone was cleaning the room and it would be a few more minutes. An hour later we could finally get in.
At each meal it was tough to get served, with many servers standing around. I
was never offered a second glass of wine at dinner because they were obviously trying to turn the table around. When I asked for coffee at the bar (because my server at dinner didn't offer it either). I was told it would be at least 15 minutes and really hard to get (as if I was completely inconveniencing them).
When I attempted to buy something from the front desk I was told I had to put it on my room because they were out of cash. The service just didn't match the prices here.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
LaubergeDeSedona, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for celebrating such a special occasion with us here in Sedona. I am glad that you enjoyed the grounds and accommodations. I am so sorry to hear about the struggles you faced in the restaurant and that your felt the service was not up to par. If you would like to discuss your experiences further, please call me directly. --Kristin Sunday, Director of Rooms, 928-204-4368

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The property itself is in need of an update. The creek side cottages are picturesque. However, the staff needs a complete overhaul with the exception of a handful of servers who tried to make up for the rest. This was supposed to be a memorable trip and it was.... just not for the reasons we wanted.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for making L’Auberge a part of your vacation. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your Creekside Cottage, however am disappointed to know that our service staff did not meet your expectations. I would love the opportunity to speak about your experiences more in detail. Please call me directly. --Kristin Sunday, Director of Rooms, 928-204-4368

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I decided last minute to go to Sedona for the week-end. I called L'Auberge to see if there was a room available and possibly a last minute deal. The best they could offer me was $709 per night plus a 10 percent charge that is in Lieu of tipping the valet, bell staff, maid and conceirge. My husband said it was $180 on the bill when we checked out. That is significantly more than we would have spent had we tipped on our own. We were also given a $40 per day breakfast allowance, which we went over at least $25 each day. We didn't use the conceirge, and on Saturday when we came back from our hike at 3:30 in the afternoon to shower, our room had not been cleaned so we put out the do not disturb sign so has not to be walked in on while we got showered and dressed. So no room clean that day. There is also a $27 a day parking fee. Which is crazy. The people who work here are very very helpful and nice. I cut my heel and my husband called the front desk to see if they had a first aid kit, and they immediately sent one to us. They gave us lots of help regarding hiking trail info, and they have a courtesy vehicle that will take you within a mile and a half of the hotel. We used it twice. Once to go hiking the soldiers trail (we were concerned that the parking would be difficult, but it was not) the other time we drove to the Mariposa restaurant only to find that the parking lot was full, so my husband drove back to the hotel and took the car. The room we had was a view room and the view is beautiful!!!!! The cabin it self is tired. The bathroom cabinetry scuffed up, and the outdoor shower looking very old. There is a coffee maker in the room, with ceramic cups, paper cups, coffee pods, creamer and sugars, in addition to two types of tea. Green and breakfast. Unfortunately, we spent 30 minutes the first morning trying to make the coffee until we finally called the front desk to request a new coffee maker. When they arrived with it, it turned out that when the coffee maker asks for the cup to be placed, we were using the ceramic cups, when it will only work if you use the paper cups!!!! How hard is it to leave these instructions by the maker!? It is a wonderful location with the one of the most beautiful dining experiences I've every enjoyed. At this price point it needs to be redone. We stayed at the Four Seasons in London for the same price during high season last summer and it was VASTLY nicer in both the spa, and the rooms. But Sedona does not have a lot in the way of luxury properties, so L'Auberge pretty much has this locked up. At this price point I would expect nicer furnishings and updated bathrooms. The spa, and tiny pool area are also in need of updating.

Room Tip: The Red Rock view rooms are beautiful, the creekside in the tree's rooms are more secluded.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recent stay and providing such a detailed review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay but sorry to hear that our facilities did not meet your expectations. We care deeply about our guests feedback and will do our absolute best to improve in the areas you mentioned. I want to thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This property is run down with horrible service & property management! Rooms weren’t cleaned before 4 and turn down service showed up within an hour of cleaning. Fireplace & toilet were broken, both reported and not fixed. The property had dirty glasses & trash everywhere. Pool was not cleaned or maintained and no beverage or food service. Spa didn’t have hot water & steam room was broken. The staff throughout the property were clueless except for valet (they were great). I highly recommend a different location with a view of the beautiful red rocks!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank BWatt

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your review. I am glad to hear that valet took great care of you but that you were dissatisfied with the rest of your experiences. Please reach out to me directly as I would like the opportunity to address the happenings during your stay with us. --Kristin Sunday, Director of Rooms, 928-204-4368

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Terrific stay, this is a great property. Don’t miss out on dinner by the creek. The food and Joel, our waiter, were 10/10. We loved exploring the options on the prix fixe menu with Joel’s guidance. Will be back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit to L'Auberge. I am so glad you enjoyed your Creekside dining experience and that Joel took great care of you. We appreciate you acknowledging our dedicated staff and look forward to sharing your kind words with Joel and the rest of our staff as it will be highly appreciated. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back soon.