All reviewsdrip coffeepaddle board yogafriday and sundaygreat remodelwhiskey barbeautiful hotelpool arearoom servicefront deskboutique hotelold town scottsdalethe breakfast areapool partylounge chairsexcellent locationwould stay here againrenovation
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We traveled to Scottsdale for Spring Training and were delighted by this property. Beautiful pool, great food, super friendly staff and sophisticated bar scene. We had connected rooms and the ages spanned 13-70 yrs. something for everyone!

Room Tip: For the rooms with two queens, one bed is located very close to the a/c, which can make that bed chillier but it works for my husband.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Vacation301480
Timothy B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Adeline, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Hotel Adeline. We are certainly thrilled to hear how you enjoyed the outlets and the staff. We will share with the team and hope to have you back as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a makeover of a mid level motel. They did a great job with the pool space and have well designed food and beverage space. The hotel is just newly opened and they have plenty of bugs to work out. The pool bar was great but the food was brought out in a carry out box or bag. Not a great impression. The bar and coffee bar were very good. They expect to open a whiskey bar soon. The rooms are well done but they did skip redoing the doors and that is obvious as they are kinda beat up. The service was outstanding and that is why we would return. I didn't like the WTF sign posed as where's the fun? I recognized a few old valley ho hotel employees and they are well trained. If you stay here I recommend getting a room on the easst end facing the pool and camelback mountain which at sunset was gorgeous. The rooms do not have a patio which is a drawback. The rooms on the outside facing the parking lots are disappointing in a view. This place has enormous potential but it also has very little room for error. Bad service or experience will quickly remind someone that this is not a boutique hotel but just a wannabe....we will come back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Twinsguy
Wilmarie S, Manager at Hotel Adeline, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hotel Adeline with us. While we are new and we do have a few bugs to work out as you mentioned, we were glad to hear you enjoyed some of the makeover. We will continue to make improvements to the property as we go on. We also want to recognize the areas where we did not meet your expectations and use these suggestions and observations as tools to refine our service. Thank you again for letting us know how our guests experience and see the Hotel Adeline.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Where do I begin with this boutique hotel that desperately wants to be the Hotel Valley Ho but is, in reality, a slightly gussied up and very overpriced Holiday Inn?

1. The walls are paper thin. Expect to hear screaming children and negotiating parents beginning around 7-8AM. Forget it if you like to sleep in or are, like, trying to have some relaxing vacation time.
2. Also expect the cleaning crew, whose carts sound like an oncoming thunderstorm as they move down the halls, to be screaming to one another in Spanish around the same time. There will be no awareness of anyone who might be trying to sleep, eat, or work in their rooms.
3. I asked for no maid service, since I feel that changing sheets daily is environmentally wasteful, leaving the sign on my door (as in any other hotel). When I arrived back that afternoon, not only did I find someone in my room cleaning, but also going through the items on my nightstand. I asked her multiple times to leave my room until she finally did. Then I reported the incident to the front desk.
4. I also paid for my stay before I arrived. Normally, that means you only pay a deposit for “amenities” and whatever resort fee a hotel might have. They charged me $100 deposit, which I was told would cover anything I charged to the room, and then proceeded, every single day, to charge this same rate again and again, and then ALSO the room rate, which had already been paid in advance. I spent every single day on the phone with the front desk, who claimed “the system,” which I guess had become sentient and was taking over, somehow couldn’t be fixed. I heard a lot about “the system” throughout my stay, and how it apparently was ruling everything in the hotel. No one had ideas about how to stop it from overcharging my credit card. This was very stressful and, to date, they have something like $700-800 EXTRA charged to my card. Which is fun, when you have to spend additional time tracking the money they basically stole, and trying to get it back on your own time. I guess that’s one of the hidden “amenities” I paid for without knowing it.
5. Speaking of that, I was not told that there would be an ADDITIONAL $28 per day for the “free” Wi-Fi, the “free” valet (which you’re not allowed to not use) and the “free” coffee (I don’t drink it), the “free” pool (really guys, it’s February), etc. I love getting charged for free things, and then having the front desk act like I’m an idiot when I don’t know that free also means paying $28 a day for it. Ahh, OK. I get it now.
6. The front desk is absolutely and 100% rude, inept, and unhelpful. They spent numerous phone calls telling me that the daily charges that showed up in my email as charges were really “only authorizations.” And then they overcharged me when I checked out by almost $200 (another room charge, for an entirely new day). I pointed out that this wasn’t an authorization but an actual charge, on THEIR receipt, and an incorrect one at that, and they just got snottier. Took absolutely no responsibility. And the parting shot was an incredibly passive-aggressive “Have a GREAT day!” with a fake smile. Yeah. You’re right. What a jerk for pointing out that you were wrong, didn’t do your job and basically screwed up EVERY SINGLE DAY of my stay. Expect to be treated like an annoyance at Hotel Adeline, even when they’re wrong. Expect no CUSTOMER in customer “service.” I will never stay here again, nor will anyone from either of my companies, or my readers. There are far better places to stay in Scottsdale. This hotel needs a serious attitude adjustment if they’re going to compete with mid-level boutique hotels in this area. Last time I checked, businesses needed loyal customers to succeed. Doing nothing for customer retention, and ripping people off with hidden fees, without taking responsibility for your screw-ups, and you’ll have pretty much no one at all.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank ama244
Wilmarie S, Director of Operations at Hotel Adeline, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at Hotel Adeline. I am terribly sorry to hear about all the challenges you experienced while staying with us. We are working on resolving the noise issues that some of our guests have had issue with. The carts used around property by the housekeeping team have been changed to lower the residual noise as well as an outside team come in to advise us on solutions for noise in the room. We are aware not everyone uses the amenities covered by the Urban or Resort fees and will work with our guests who have objections to paying the Urban Fee. We apologize for not explaining this better. We will address the interaction with our Front Office team so they can understand and empathize with our guests and their concerns. While we are new and working out some of the challenges of a new building, basic hospitality should be at the very least expected by our guests. We will share your frustrations and concerns with out team and improve. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We visited Scottsdale for a mix of business and pleasure. The newly renovated Hotel was in a perfect location to enjoy Old Town Scottsdale.
At the Front Desk we were greeted warmly by Adrian, who checked us in effortlessly. We had Breakfast and afternoon cocktails in the Restaurant area , where Myles and Sarah looked after us. We felt so welcomed by the entire F&B team! Gary, one of the Managers for the area passed by and we had a lovely conversation with him about the property and some of the amazing plans for the future. At the Bar, we had fantastic service by Mark and Ashley. They also helped us map out a plan for exploring Scottsdale. Also, in the breakfast area, Scott and Tyler helped me get the perfect coffee in the morning.
A very special shout out to one of the outstanding Leaders at the property, Tim Brophy. A confident and passionate leader, you could tell Tim's positive influence on all the people that he worked with...he went above and beyond on every detail. He made sure that every guest was taken care of like a VIP, and I even saw him defuse a tricky situation with professional ease. Tim is a true leader; leading by example, and it was clear to see how much his teams respected him. He is a true asset to your Company and Brand.
Thank you to all the amazing staff at Hotel Adeline. We will be back and we will definitely recommend the Hotel to other travelers. We would stay again here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TheTravellingTaurus
Timothy B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Adeline, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with us at Hotel Adeline. We are thrilled to hear that our staff was welcoming and accommodating. We love to see specific mentions of the staff and will share your review with them. We hope to have you back as our guest in very near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

See these photos of the old motel room door and window? We didn’t rest. It was Grand Central Station amplified: suitcases, housekeeping carts, kids running, talking, we heard it all. Blinding sunlight filled the room at 6am, through gaps around door and blinds that didn’t cover the window. They tried to put black contact film on window edges as a cheap fix- didn’t work.

We were excited to stay at the newly redone Adeline ‘resort’. The decor, pool area, bar, patio, lobby were all beautiful, and the restaurant was good, but then, THE ROOM: structurally they left it as is: an old motel w thin walls, worn out doors, and LOUD outdoor gangway access. It all obviously needed replacing and soundproofing. I’m talking the noise level was Ri-Dic-U-Los.

There also is NO jacuzzi at the pool, nor a spa w services expected when you’re paying a ‘resort fee’.

It felt run by inexperienced teenagers at times. Room service was delivering a BAG of food to our door, with bread pudding seeping into a cardboard box. When we asked for a plate, and tray, we were told ‘That’s how we do it!’ Uh, no.

I’d like to see this place succeed, but if they don’t fix these huge issues, people are not going to return. Please fix them Adeline!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing with us you recent experience here at Hotel Adeline. We have heard from our guests about their concern for the noise in the room. With this in mind, we are working with a team to come in and remedy the problem and will be addressing it in the very near future. We also apologize for the delivery and the message as it relates to the room service delivery. What was intended to be a fun and playful spin on the room service was certainly not delivered in a professional manner. We hear you and are working hard to deliver the Hotel Adeline we all know it can be.