All reviews living room full size washer and dryer third floor sales pitch three bedroom diamond owners golf course timeshare exchange walk in closet time share presentation high pressure full kitchen pool area hot tub sales presentation larger pool family pool
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

This place is a joke.
We were given a room, show up to a guy sitting at our kitchen table reading a full page list of repairs needed for our room. He looks confused and leaves. We go shopping to come back and find two people shampooing our trashed carpets. Easily the worst, mismanaged resort we've been to as "members". We couldn't be more disappointed. Guess we have to leave and hang out until the carpets dry. This place sucks.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mike L
Diamond R, Manager at Scottsdale Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our front desk is accessible 24 hours, and will promptly assist with any concerns brought to their attention as we pride ourselves in being responsive and accommodating. Your business with us is greatly appreciated and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to help you create wonderful memories and experience great vacations.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I had the displeasure to stay at this resort for two weeks, and was seriously disappointed. It's the little things, that just added up to too much. First, let me say the customer service was great, not a complaint there. However, the rooms, and I had two, were just bad.

I've traveled quite a bit, and have stayed at all kinds of hotels and resorts. I can always tell when a place is WAY overdue for renovation, as is the case at Scottsdale Links. This place looks and feels like it hasn't been remodeled since the 90's.

Since we were there for two weeks, and being a timeshare owner, we had two different rooms. The first was a two bedroom, and the second a one bedroom. I found the same issues with both rooms.

Let me lay out the good things first, that'll be a short list;
1. Customer service. Great on check in, very personable folks. However, each time I contacted someone to complain, they seemed to have heard it all before and were almost embarassed to explain there was nothing they could do.
2. The shower! Of all things, I found the shower in each room to be the best part. Great water pressure, great heat. I mean, GREAT pressure!
3. Space. Both rooms were very spacious and open.

Now for the bad;
1. Bathroom configuration. I'm about 5' 11", and I could literally have peed in the bathroom sink, that's how low it was. Shaving was chore as I was bent over cause the mirrors were so low. The lighting was bad, the light was centered a good two feet from the sink. Just old configuration and poor design.
2. Living room furniture. Both rooms had the absolute most UNCOMFORTABLE furniture I've ever sat in. I mean this is a "Resort" right? I had to use pillows from the bedroom just to make the couch comfortable enough to sit in. Not like I spent a lot of time there, but come on. When the kitchen table chair is the most comfortable piece of furniture, something is wrong.
3. Bed. Just bad, old, hard. I didn't even want to pull the sheets back to see what real shape it was in.
4. The carpeting. Was three years past its useful point, and so dirty it was disgusting. I would not walk on that carpet without shoes.
5. Of all things, the TV. This is 2018 right? They had 2, I mean literally 2 channels that came in HD. I even called to have it fixed, cause this can't be right. Sure enough, I was told they have analog tv... WOW.
6. Parking. Not enough, and very small spaces.
7. Outdoor grills. I decided one day to try to grill some burgers. The grill was not functional, nor was the one next to it, as was told to me by the family that attempted to do the same.

I'm not a big complainer, really I'm not. I just expect a certain level of comfort and service, and this place did not deliver. In one of my conversations with the front desk, I was told that there are 9 buildings due for renovation this year. Really, 9 out of 14? That tells me that the ownership just doesn't care, and is counting on the timeshare community to bail them out.

I come to Scottsdale every year for the Arabian Horse Show, and was hoping this place would be my go to. Not a chance.

My advice, stay somewhere else. This one is a dump.

Room tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank tommI7273HL
Diamond R, Manager at Scottsdale Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

We are delighted you enjoyed your spacious accommodation and attentive staff. Scottsdale Links Resort works continuously on the upkeep and maintenance of our resort, and your feedback is a helpful tool with future renovations and improvements as necessary. Although we can understand how these events could have altered your vacation view, we do offer a more leisurely experience which is not for everyone. With 370+ properties to choose from, we hope you keep Diamond Resorts in mind with your future vacation plans.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We had a two bedroom condo for two couples for a week. We had plenty of room, the bathrooms were large and clean, and we very much enjoyed our stay. There are no elevators, so take note if you can not or are unwilling to climb. We found the staff to be eager to help, even after we declined the timeshare invitation. We would stay there again with no hesitation.

Room tip: Be aware there are no elevators
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie709
Reviewed 23 February 2018

My wife, daughter, and I stayed at this place because we exchanged our timeshare for this place. Our room was on the third floor no elevators. We did not get any maid service as we were told we would get. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was decent. i do not think I would stay here again. We went to one of their timeshare meetings and it was a disaster. If you stay here, don't go to one of their meetings. It is a complete waste of time and they require personal information upfront before they talk to you. Beware of that.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cwillini
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Awful place to stay! This place makes me question the reliability of reviews. The customer service is the worst I have ever encountered in my life. One tub had a visible soap scum ring in it that I had to scrub off, the AC do want work, the windows are falling off the tracks, the cabinets are peeling and barely on the hinges and there is no warm water for a shower. Worst of all, I am traveling with my parents who have both had back surgeries in the last 4 months and my mother had hip surgery, as well, last month and I had a very active 11 month old so we requested a bottom floor unit (the request was made more than 6 weeks prior to our arrival) and although we were promised a 1st floor unit, when we arrived we were given a 2nd floor unit. Thank God no one in my family is in a wheel chair!! These people DO NOT CARE ABOUT THERE GUEST!!! Miserable experience and place. I guess you get what you pay for.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Nicole G
Diamond R, Manager at Scottsdale Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Diamond Resorts is proud of our exceptional customer service, and we apologize if you felt this was not experienced. For your convenience, our front desk is accessible 24 hours and is more than happy to immediately address any housekeeping/maintenance requests that you may have throughout your stay. Our staff makes all possible efforts to accommodate our guests room requests; however, as room requests are based on availability we cannot guarantee this will be granted. Your feedback is cherished and we will be delighted to welcome you back on your future voyages.