All reviews happy hour cookies and milk hi express managers reception french doors free shuttle hotel shuttle queen suite separate sitting area free breakfast beer and wine refrigerator and microwave pretzels spring training ceiling fan yogurt shuttle service
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Visiting scottsdale to celebrate a milestone birthday with my husband and i looked at so many high end hotels and then stumbled upon this hotel that to me i really didn't think it would cater to what i needed - pool, good location and customer service. I read all the reviews and consulted with a local and she mentioned this hotel was in a great location. I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn before, didn't know what to expect ( i have stayed at other 2 or 3 star hotels in north america but never a holiday inn chain hotel).
I emailed the hotel after booking to let them know that i was there to celebrate my milestone birthday and to ask other questions. Lance , replied to me quickly and took down all my special requests - pending availability of course.
I arrived at the hotel and lance was there at the front and checked my husband and myself and let me tell you....he did a fantastic job at not only upgrading me to a pool view room but he sent a wonderful basket of goodies to my room to help me celebrate. Lance is fantastic at what he does and he made me feel so special.

Onto the breakfast - pretty good breakfast selection - i have been to other hotels that offer breakfast and this was the only one i've been to that offers white egg omelet and skim milk - way to go !

The managers happy hour was great - had a nice glass of wine along with some snacks - such a great touch to the stay.

The pool was great - always clean and had towels available.

We walked at night - never took the shuttle to restaurants - it was such a lovely walk and not that far from anything.

Overall, this was a fantastic choice....beds were comfy, rooms were clean, loved the bath and body works toiletries. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank passion4travelling78
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2018

Dear passion4travelling78,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice comments with our team; they work hard to ensure guests have a pleasant stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again on a return visit.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

The room we had originally got the air conditioner didn't work. I went downstairs and the staff immediate gave us another room without hesitation. Plus they had a shuttle that took us to a nice bar area. We took a golf cart coming back. Both were awesome.

Date of stay: October 2018
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear Ana L,

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We thank you for your compliments. Each member of our team strives daily to deliver a positive guest experience; your feedback serves as encouragement to our associates. We appreciate having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

We could tell it was going to be a good stay from the moment Patrick greeted us. Once we settled into our clean, comfortable room, I returned to the front desk and Patrick was able to answer all of my questions, provide me driving instructions for the next leg of our trip, and just kept his positive vibe going. Next morning, the restaurant had a satisfying breakfast (avocado toast - yes!). The location was perfect for our travel needs.

Dear April D,

Thank you for your review and of our hotel and wonderful staff. I’m pleased to hear that our staff’s excellence in service exceeded your expectations and made for a good experience. I’ll be certain to pass along your compliments to our team. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Enjoyed three nights here while attending a Holiday Inn Resort sales presentation. We had a spacious suite with fridge and small microwave overlooking a pretty pool. Alarm clock did not work and was not replaced. Some overhead noise. No in-room safe. Generous, free breakfast, but all the "hot dishes" were cold. Free USA Today newspapers had all disappeared by 8 am. Daily Happy Hour with chips, salsa, cheese dip, beer and wine was a bonus. Great pizza and pasta at nearby Oreganos (ask front desk for a discount coupon). 15 min walk to Scottsdale Old Town. Consider "free" (tip expected) Golf Cart Taxi Service to Old Town shoppes and restaurants. Hotel has a shuttle bus, but it was not clear what service it provided. The sales presentation was at the resort about 15 miles north, at least a 35 min drive.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear AmericanKot,

Our associates make sincere hospitality their priority. We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed our hotel and the level of service we provide. Your comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are welcomed as they foster change for the better. We look forward to seeing you upon your return to the area!

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Yes this hotel lived up to the reviews. Our room was a queen suite with a balcony that face the pool. The room had two TVS, fridge, microwave etc. More than we needed.
The front desk was extremely helpful. Happy hour and breakfast were an added bonus. The walk to old Scottsdale was about 10 minutes. Easy access to shopping and many restaurants.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Citytour2011,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. We’re pleased to hear our extremely helpful staff and convenient location made for a fantastic stay. We appreciate being a part of your trip.