Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River
US$111
HIExpress.com
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$112
永安旅遊
US$118
Expedia
  • Pool
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$155
永安旅遊
US$179
US$164
Expedia
Hotels.com
  • Pool
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$359
US$322
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewscourtyard marriottfront desktypical courtyardnice lobbytalking stick casinowithin mileseasy accessmile radiusthe entire staffrental carlobby areathe loopa great stayold towndefinitely stay here againfire pithousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for the first time after many visits to the area. The staff is outstanding , rooms spotless, close to everything. Highly recommend. The pool is also a nice size for a Courtyard.

Jean at the front desk was the best. Really helped me out. The Starbucks opens at 6 so for early morning right down the road is a full service one.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Had a great time at this hotel. All the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Mauro was so friendly and his hospitality was over the top! Thank you for making our stay pleasant .
Everything was clean and great location

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Ann C, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation experience here on TripAdvisor! Mauro truly takes pride in ensuring that each and every guest he comes in contact with has a great stay! Your recognition of him personally truly will make his day. Please do come and stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Member
“Not exactly what was expected”

Pending review
My wife turned down the sheets on our first night in our room and found hair in the bed. We called downstairs for room service to change the sheets. Waited 20 minutes and no one showed up. Called again to apparently new front desk staff, and she had not heard of the problem. A service person arrived to change the linen about 5 min later. We had other minor issues over the three days that left us uncomfortable with our stay. Could have been just a string of bad one time events, but it didn't work for us. On the positive side I can state the bed was very comfortable, room well staged and nice views of Old Town.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We had a 2 night stay on points in early March and overall enjoyed the property. Many previous reviewers have listed the positive aspects, so I won't repeat too many of the details here.

As Gold Marriott Rewards members, we were given at check-in 2 coffee mugs which entitled us to free refills of Starbucks drip coffee in the restaurant, a nice touch (tho many hotels provide free coffee 24/7 anyway, just not Starbucks). Also at check-in our 2 room keys did not work so we went back again and, with only 1 desk clerk on staff, waited a frustrating 5 more minutes to have the keys recoded. I also learned later, from others, that at check-in you should have been offered a chance to play a cute little desktop baseball game which the front desk which can award you some nice prizes, like points or food credits...and also some people apparently are awarded water bottles (The only bottled water we saw was for sale in the pantry or for $3.50 in the rooms).

The rooms can vary too. Even numbered rooms typically face the pool area tho some are obscured by trees. The odd numbered rooms face the exterior which may be a highway or parking lot. At least two rooms on floors 2, 3, and 4 have nice balconies with chairs. Our room was quite small with a king bed and a pull out hide-a-bed couch / sofa and desk chair on rollers. The lowest numbered rooms have access to one slow elevator and no stairs (as there is only an emergency exit that sounds an alarm...since it is connected to a hallway used by a local high school for boarding students. Now that's the first time I've ever seen that!) The highest numbered rooms share another single elevator but they have the stairwaymore convenient to them.

There is free parking and free wifi internet but no free breakfast, just water in the lobby. The city water is not good tasting so if you have a car, there is a Walmart about 1/2 mile to the south along Pima Rd.

TV has about 50 channels and a small flat screen monitor that had limited swivel for viewing from the bed. There are ample charging stations in the updated room, especially adjacent to the nice long desk and a pull out on wheels 2nd desk. Complimentary coffee maker has tray-type single cup Rainforest Blend using pods (2 caf, 2 decaf, & 2 tea bags) and cardboard cups with powdered creamers. There is also a microwave and small mini-fridge. Bathroom has a tall shower but no tub. Basic toiletries are Paul Mitchell brand. Four sets of towels provided and there is a handy quality night light in the bathroom. Good soundproofing between the rooms.

Guest laundry (coin operated) and gym appeared clean as did the outdoor pool and spa and rest rooms.

Beds were firm and comfortable but pillows seem to be in need of replacement. We called for 2 extra foam pillows to augment the 4 thin ones already in the room. Air conditioning thermostat was quirky as anything below 76 degrees sent us scurrying for a 2nd layer. Noisy too, so glad we stayed in March when the temps rarely exceed 80 outside. I suspect in summer the a/c noise would be annoying.

I noticed they have upped this property from Marriott Rewards Level 5 to 6 since we made our reservations last year. The overall devaluation of Marriott Rewards points is discouraging as I had always thought Marriott would not follow HIlton Hhonors but the trend seems to be similar.

Room Tip: If you like using the stairs rather than a slow elevator, avoid the 2nd floor rooms from 202 to 220.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you vey much for sharing your very thoughtful and detailed review of your recent stay at my beautiful hotel. Your comments and suggestions are valuable and appreciated.

I am happy that you enjoyed the coffee mugs during your stay! My wonderful team came up with the idea to offer that as an extra thank you to our Elite members since Courtyard, as a brand standard, offers complimentary coffee in the guest rooms only.

My sincerest apologies for the opportunity you encountered with your guest room keys not working. I am sure that must have been frustrating after walking all the way to your room, coupled with the wait time to have this resolved, thank you for your patience during that time.

I would like to apologize that you did not have the opportunity to play our Spring Training Elite recognition game at check-in, would you please email me at ann.cvelich@marriott.com so that I may make that situation right with you?

You are correct about the rooms being different. We have 158 rooms with 5 suites and 8 different room types/configurations. The majority of our rooms are king sized and are spread evenly throughout the hotel. The next time you have the opportunity to stay with us please contact me directly so that I may assist with choosing the best room to accommodate your needs.

Thank you again for your time posting your experience, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and value your loyalty to Marriott.

Delete Response

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Courtyard the week of March 4th. The pool did not disappoint from the photos. Gorgeous grounds. The bistro food was excellent. We had all three meals at some point and the food was dining out restaurant quality. Mauro and Jourdan were always pleasant and helpful. But I must add, everyone at the Courtyard was an A++!! The room was comfortable and quiet. We were 10 minutes to the Fashion Square Mall and dining. The gym was spotless and I always saw someone cleaning all common areas during the day. The fire pit and quiet atmosphere were a plus! I can not wait to go back. They also have nightly activities- Trivia pursuit, music, wine tastings, etc.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

What a lovely review! Thank you for stating that our hotel is one of your favorites - that means a lot! Your personal recognition of Mauro and Jordan and the rest of the team providing A++ service is very much appreciated. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our nightly activities as we have been offering different types of events to see what our customers like the most - thank you for sharing your appreciation of those offerings. Please come back and stay with us again very soon - we look forward to it!