The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
US$159
Hyatt.com
Hotels.com
Hotel Valley Ho(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Bespoke Inn(Scottsdale)
Gainey Suites Hotel(Scottsdale)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscamelback mountainthe main hotelgolf courseprivate poolthirsty camelhalf bathcoffee servicejg steakhousemoment you arriveone bedroom suitepool attendantil terrazzogolf cart rideturn down serviceeach morninglarge balconyresort experience
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Absolutely adored our stay here. The staff was amazing, the setting--perfection...could not have asked for a better vacation.

I had left my rings in the golf bag and realized it after the shop closed--the staff did not stop until they got in--and retrieved my rings. And then the amazing woman helping me--sent me a fruit basket! I couldn't believe it.

if you want a luxurious stay--stay here!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017

This resort within a resort is the epitome of excellent service. Even though the Phoenician's public areas and amenities are closed for renovation, you will not miss anything when you stay here. We had two beautiful and spacious suites for six days where we were absolutely spoiled. I stayed at amazing properties around the world and I have to say that there are few that come close to this one in terms of personalized service. Every person we encountered went above and beyond what is reasonable to treat us in a very special and unexpected way. Service is a 10 on a 1 to 5 scale.
The facility is very nice and the position at the bottom of the mountain is amazing. The grounds are perfectly kept and so inviting that you will never want to leave.
The breakfast is very exquisite and every detail is perfect.
While I stayed many times at the Phoenician, this was first time at the Canyon. It was an experience in discovery. This is probably the best resort in Scottsdale.

Room Tip: "Ask & you shall receive"
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My family and I (wife, 2 kids of 14 and 10) stayed here at the end of August as a stop-off travelling back to the Mid-West from our Californian vacation. We were initially unsure about the reservation as we received an email saying the main resort (Phoenician) was being remodelled, and services were impacted - but this did not impact us at all in the adjacent Canyon Suites.
The tone was set by our warm and professional greeting upon arrival. Our host not only checked us in quickly and efficiently, but then walked us to our room, and then drove us to the on-site restaurant in one of the golf carts to avoid a delay - first class service.
The room was one of the best I have ever stayed in (and Ive stayed in some nice places);
- Large suite with fabulous bathroom and guest bathroom, understated but high quality fixtures and fittings but mostly TONS OF SPACE including multiple walk in closets
- big thumbs up from my wife, who can be very fussy about hotel rooms and especially bathrooms - she loved the bathroom dual basins and cleanliness
- Nespresso machine with multiple pods (big tick from this Nespresso fan)
- Large flat screen smart TVs in main sitting area and bedroom (with great App to allow us to stream our own content easily)
- Large balcony with fabulous views of Scottsdale in distance
- We used the sofa-bedand a roll out bed too, and the staff couldn't have been nicer/faster with the service

First night we went to on-site (above golf shop) Burger restaurant. Overall high quality food and great setting, but let down by staff seating us at table with broken glass from previous guests which hadn't been cleared.
We had the guests upstairs partying hard late at night, but hotel security delay with it quickly and efficiently.
Pool area is just fabulous, but temperatures at north of 105 degrees just a little too toasty for this Brit family!

Overall, a fabulous experience, and I'll certainly be recommending to friends and family who may get the chance to go.

Room Tip: rear side rooms have view of camelback mountain and pool, our front facing room overlooked Scottsdale in the distance
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed 2 September 2017

My fiancee and I stayed at the Canyon Suites at the Phoenician for 7 days/nights. We drove down from Vegas (absolutely beautiful drive) on August 13th. Immediately upon arrival I knew this would be a special experience. The staff was incredibly friendly, the grounds were immaculate and the accommodations spectacular. The Canyon Suites is the real deal - all what we expect from a five start accommodation but rarely get these days. This place delivers on all levels. Our original booking was for 4 nights but we quickly extended after the 2nd day once we experienced what this resort has to offer. The Canyon Suites were recently renovated. Both the Lobby and rooms are beautiful, new and most importantly clean. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast served every morning in the lobby- great way to start the day. Once again the staff in the AM are just amazing- make sure to leave tips they deserve it! A special shout out to Dino, the bartender. He is super friendly, makes incredible mixed drinks and is always fun to chat with. My fiancee and I would always make sure to grab a late night drink at the bar upon returning from the days activity.

The resort is Ideally located minutes from Old Scottsdale. Camelback Mountain is basically in the backyard of the resort and provides amazing scenery. The pool is nice and private. There is no fighting over chairs. This combined with the amazing scenery provides for a peaceful and relaxing environment. The pool attendant service was on point - constantly providing water, offering food and catering to any request. We stayed here by chance as the regular hotel is undergoing substantial and extensive renovations. The renovations didn't bother us too much, although I probably could not say the same had we been staying in the regular hotel. We took advantage of the spa deals and relatively cheaper prices - all most probably due to the fact that the it was the slow period and the main hotel was under renovations.

I would highly recommend the Canyon Suites to anyone staying in the Scottsdale area. I can't imagine a better experience. I am sure the hotel will be great once its renovated but even then I would still return to the Suites provided the price is right for the incredible service and more intimate atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shawn K
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at a lot of different resort's in Scottsdale but this was far and Be on the best. The service is out standing. The room is very comfortable the bathroom has a nice tub and a shower. The bed and pillows are comfortable for a good night sleep. We walked the cactus trail to the Phoenician for dinner at the J&G steakhouse. We had free breakfast and valie parking.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family