“Great and fun view ”

and up
Private 2-Day Quilotoa Lagoon and Baños from Quito
Ranked #1 of 1 Fun & Games in Banos
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

A beautiful and exciting view. A complete MUST for all the visitors who are looking for an amazing picture of their stay in Baños.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My niece (14) and I visited. So far, this has been the thing she has been most excited about. We did the Zipline (small but fun none the less) and a couple of the swings.

For a $1 admission, it was the best money we've spent in Ecuador so far.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We had a great time at the Casa del Arbol. It's a little touristy, sure, but also a fun trip up and back, and the swings and zip line bring out your inner fun-loving kid. The café is quite good - we enjoyed a hot chocolate, canelazo, and delicious empanadas.

Unfortunately, we had a cloudy day without a view of the volcano, but oh well.

Getting there: take the bus, it's only $1 and very quick! The stop is on calle Pastaza between Montalvo y Luis A. Martínez, by the panadería Don Gato. There are multiple Don Gato locations, so make sure you go to the right one. I recommend asking a local since we were misled by online directions that had become outdated.

Getting back: Your bus will take you back after 2 hours, or there is a hiking trail back to Baños. We decided to be adventurous and take the trail. Overall it was fun but challenging at times, with some steep descents.

Finding it is also difficult. It is not marked at all. Luckily one of the workers at the café gave us detailed directions, even drawing a little map on a post-it note! Once you find the trail, it is pretty straightforward - follow the orange markings.

Alternately, you can walk back down the same road that cars/buses take (be careful!) until you see a sign pointing off to the left advertising a refugio as well as camionas (trails) back to Baños. This takes a little longer but makes the trail easier to find.

Hiking took us about 2.5 hours to get back to our hostel close to the town center. But that includes getting a little lost at first as well as a detour to the Mirador de la Virgen. (The mirador is pretty cool but not essential, in my opinion.) You can easily do it in 1.5 hours or maybe less.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We took a day trip coming up to the mirador by bus and then hiked back downcton Baños. It was really worth it and very cheap. I recommend going in the week as I can see how it could get busy easily. Our experience was great because of the lack of people!

We had a couple hours playing on the swing and (very tame) zipline and getting snacks at the cafe. Very reasonable entry price at $1. The views are so good as well and its easy to get the famous swing photo!

Don't pay $10 for the tour. Its definitely not worth that! Its so easy to get the $1 bus (times are online) and you won't have a limited time there.

There are plenty of hikes down to the town after too, just make sure it's a dry day as some hikes aren't doable when its raining.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I've visited Casa del Árbol twice, once with my friends in March and once with my boyfriend in May. Both times, we took a taxi from Baños, paid the taxi driver to wait for us, and then took the taxi back into town ($20 if you stay at Casa del Árbol for about an hour). When I went with my boyfriend, our taxi driver actually went with us and pushed us on the swing! Entry costs $1--the best dollar you'll ever spend. The views are incredible, especially on a clear day. I advise going on a weekday since I've heard that there are typically lines for the swing on the weekends. Since I've only ever gone on a weekday, I haven't experienced lines and have been able to go on the swing multiple times during an hour-long stay at Casa del Árbol. There's also a small picnic area where you can buy snacks and drinks, and you can also hang out in the treehouse. It's a really cool spot that you definitely shouldn't miss if you're in Baños!