“Definitely worth the views but don't take a tour”
Review of Casa Del Arbol

and up
Private 2-Day Quilotoa Lagoon and Baños from Quito
Ranked #1 of 1 Fun & Games in Banos
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We took a day trip coming up to the mirador by bus and then hiked back downcton Baños. It was really worth it and very cheap. I recommend going in the week as I can see how it could get busy easily. Our experience was great because of the lack of people!

We had a couple hours playing on the swing and (very tame) zipline and getting snacks at the cafe. Very reasonable entry price at $1. The views are so good as well and its easy to get the famous swing photo!

Don't pay $10 for the tour. Its definitely not worth that! Its so easy to get the $1 bus (times are online) and you won't have a limited time there.

There are plenty of hikes down to the town after too, just make sure it's a dry day as some hikes aren't doable when its raining.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I've visited Casa del Árbol twice, once with my friends in March and once with my boyfriend in May. Both times, we took a taxi from Baños, paid the taxi driver to wait for us, and then took the taxi back into town ($20 if you stay at Casa del Árbol for about an hour). When I went with my boyfriend, our taxi driver actually went with us and pushed us on the swing! Entry costs $1--the best dollar you'll ever spend. The views are incredible, especially on a clear day. I advise going on a weekday since I've heard that there are typically lines for the swing on the weekends. Since I've only ever gone on a weekday, I haven't experienced lines and have been able to go on the swing multiple times during an hour-long stay at Casa del Árbol. There's also a small picnic area where you can buy snacks and drinks, and you can also hang out in the treehouse. It's a really cool spot that you definitely shouldn't miss if you're in Baños!

Reviewed 20 May 2017

We caught the blue bus in front of our hostel at 11 o'clock in the morning. The bus fare is $1 and it takes 30 minutes to get there. The road is rather steep and curvy so I would not recommend to hire bikes unless you are super fit.
Entrance is $1. When we arrived there were maybe 15 people there so we did not have to wait to long to get on swing. We had so much fun, there was so much laughter there.
The best dollar spent. The view was beautiful and we had an amazing time. There are more swings there which were occupied by kids, also you can grab the coffee or small snack there for very reasonable prices. For example coffee was $1. We took bus back at 1 o'clock. No need to use tour agency.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We visited in April so it was not at all crowded, though I've heard that busier seasons are far more packed with tourists, which means long lines to wait for the swing and lots of people in the background of your photos. We got lucky and had very few people! We drove our rental car and paid $1 for parking and $1 for entry. It looks like they are building other sorts of fun swings and zip lines up there to open during high season. If people are not waiting in line, you can stay on the swing as long as you'd like. However, if there is a line and you're on the swing longer than a few minutes, people get irritated.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

We walked up to the Tree House from the town (very hard!), which took about 2 hours straight up.

The house on arrival is $1 entry and you can stay as long as you want. We went during the week and arrived just after lunch and there was almost no one there.

The weather started to clear whilst we were there, so we both got pictures of us swinging in the fog and clear sky.

It was actually really cool! Do go as it's only $1