“Stupendous Steak”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We had been to the Casimiro Bigua restaurant in El Calafate and it was very good, the Ushaia restaurant is even better and we were well looked after by Marcello, thank you very much.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We were thinking in the "cordero" meat specialty for days, so been the last day in Ushuaia we decided to go. The place is nice, the service was very good but the cordero...mmmm, not what we expect. All in all we ate very well, for the chorizos and some other appetizers we order, but the cordero, which was our goal, did not appear. Shame to us!!

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We spent the day on a tour to Gable island and penguin sightseeing..saw the lamb in the window and went in for dinner. Shared a baked cheese, chef salad and the lamb. Yummy yummy...the food was wonderful. Good attentive service and great window for people watching.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Spotted the lamb on the window and went in. We were the only customers there as it was just before 7. First of all the restaurant was roasting hot. I felt like I was in the oven myself. I asked the guy if there was something we could do about the heat and he said he could turn off the heating (but he said it in a way that made me feel like I was being a nuisance)
I also asked him what beers he had and he pointed at the menu. (Making me feel like a was thick- where I come from food and drinks are on separate menus)

2nd thing: Loud techno music playing the whole time we were there. You’d expect soft jazz music or something of the sort. I felt like I couldn’t ask him to turn it off cos I had already been such a pain to him.

In the end we just had to leave. I was in an oven with an unfriendly waiter playing loud techno music. Not my thing.

Went to ‘la estancia’ instead and had the best lamb ever.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 29 March 2017

The restaurant had a few specials in the window that seemed pretty good. Not cheap, but Ushuaia can be a bit costly normally. Ordered the special as soon as we walked in as we were on a bit of a deadline and then watched everybody else get their meals even though ordering after us. Not quite sure what happened to our order, but it was great when it arrived. The staff are really nice, but seemed to never stop rushing around.
But we went for the food, and the food was great.

Date of visit: February 2017