See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 March 2016

We rented a triple room for 3 nights for the price of 2,500 pesos per night (20th-23th of February 2016) ... a price worthy for a good service even in an expensive country. The room was old, with the single-glazed window (outside temperature of about 8 ° C), the heating worked (Hurrah!), but it smelled of fuel oil, the decor of the rooms was poor (a small closet, 1 table, 2 chairs and 2 bedside tables), with carpet and dirty sheets. The bathroom was small, uncomfortable, with unserviceable bidet, and shower which was constantly changing from hot to cold depending on how many other guests were using.
Breakfast was terrible, cheese and ham already sliced ​​from supermarket and juice prepared with the powder. The worst was the thermos of tea leaking of plastic blacks pieces when the water was estracted.
The staff was very passive and occasionally rude.
Only positive point, the view from room 12 was quite suggestive.

Room tip: Do not choose the room 12, very good view but to expencive and poor
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

More than a bad treatment was an abuse.
The lady has ruined the holiday with a not professional attitude at all.
I chose this posada exclusively for the canal view, because for the same price I had seen most beautiful hotels with the highest level of service and better cared for.
On arrival day, December 31, the owner told me, however, that had only one room, with no view. I was obviously disappointed and angry but the lady, not a word or a gesture of apology (she even refused a coffee because I would have been entitled only from the next day). Breakfast the following day, January 1, due to the delay of half an hour due to the New Year celebrations, there has been denied. Not even a smile or a gesture conciliator during the three days of horrible stay. A mediocre place managed so unreliable and rude. Avoid it if you do not want to ruin the holidays.

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dadacast
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Be careful when booking at this hotel. I made a booking and then asked if I could change it. They told me it was not a problem but when I went to check out they wanted to charge me for the original booking. We came to a settlement but I was being ripped off. In addition, the shower was terrible. Low water pressure, several minutes before I could get hot water and then when it came on, I could only get hot water! My choices were to be scalded or to freeze. Finally, I did not even get the room I had originally booked for. Overall, a terrible experience and I cannot recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank AnnS800Boston
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I chose Posada del Pinguino without really knowing much about the town of Ushuaia, location of stores and restaurants or any other information. And I lucked out. It is located on a quiet street (3 or 4 main long streets in that town) and yet, you walk just two or three blocks and find cafes, ATMs, restaurants, post-office, etc. The hotel is relatively new so every room is clean, bathrooms are spacious enough and the beds are comfortable.
The owner, la señora Victoria, is very friendly and can give you good recommendations for excursions. Bring CASH. they don't take credit cards.

Room tip: You can request a room on a top floor with a view of the bay and the town.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank valentinapaez
Reviewed 14 December 2011

the hostal is one block from the center in avery quaiet street
the rooms are complete renovated and very nice decorated
the hostal is very clean and the breakfast excelent
we like this hostal very much and we strongly recomended
don't esitate - take it !!

Date of stay: November 2011