“Amazing Real Mexican”

Ranked #15 of 1,049 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I dropped in quickly for lunch. I didn’t want to leave!

Everything we had was wonderful.

I had fish tacos. Incredible! Each taco had an entire piece of fish lining the tortilla! Not small cut up pieces like you normally get.

I mean one piece of fish 6” long and 2-3” wide in each taco.

The salsa we had with our chips was homemade.

We had freshly squeezed fruit juice as a drink. I had watermelon and lemonade. Wonderful.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

My only regret is I don’t live around there so I can visit weekly!

You must stop for a meal.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Small, home town feel. Downtown Mesa. Food was excellent. There was a steady stream of customers coming in the entire time we were there. Sodas and water served in large cups so no tracking down staff for refills. However, the service was excellent to stop by to see if we needed anything. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 21 July 2018

I had a shredded beef burrito, maybe the Killer Burrito(?) with rice and beans. A surprising amount of moist, delicious beef, I could not eat all of it. The rice and beans were good, it's hard to them great. The service was excellent. I would be a regular customer if I lived in Mesa.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We’ve gone here many times since we first tried their food. We’ve tried many items on the menu and have yet to find something we don’t like. My kids love it too. Serving sizes are decent and price reasonable for all you get. Their salsa isn’t hot but tastes so good. Their horchata is my favorite.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I don't know if ownership changed, but the restaurant did. Prices went up, free chips are gone and the food quality dropped. This was my favorite small, local place for Mexican food. Unfortunately, things change. I ordered my usual, the #6. I understand prices need to go up from time to time but there was nothing improved to justify this. The food actually got less flavorful. Tostada and taco were extremely bland. Cheese enchilada was tasteless and greasy. Beans were not bad and I do not eat the rice.
Chips and salsa went up to 3-4 dollars per basket. I hate to say it but I may give Mangos 1 more try, after that, I'm done. And if you read my previous posts, I have been nothing but positive reviewing this. Shame to see it drop so far.