“"So So"”
Review of Oak room kitchen

Oak room kitchen
Ranked #626 of 1,075 Restaurants in Mesa
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Walking in you get kinda a cold feeling. Very plain decor. Besides a big fake tree in the dining room nothing special. Has a full bar with OK service. Had a little Sloppy Joe...not too bad. Burger much better.Has a pretty extensive menu with a little above prices in my opinion. Had no issues with the service.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We stayed at The Marriott next door and they recommended us. So glad they did! I ordered the Ribeye and my wife ordered the Walleye. The steak was cooked exactly the way I like it, with a slight pink center. My wife raved about the walleye and I did get to steal a bite from her....I've got to try that next time. We didn't get to try the desserts as we were full after the dinner, but they did look tasty. I saw a S'mores come out and it looked amazing. Very nice wine and beer selection. I do recommend this place.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful service; super friendly people! Wild boar sloppy Joe was scrumptious!! Fresh salads and excellent potato soup.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 February 2018

This is our second time to visit the Oak Room.. First time, we loved the food and cocktails... However, tonight was very disappointing... After a long day of work, my husband and I decided to go to dine out... we chose to go to the Oak Room... It was their year anniversary so they had complimentary hor d'oeuvres...
I ordered a quinoa/avocado salad and my husband ordered the spicy lobster mac & cheese. Salad was alright although there was more spinach than quinoa.... My husband's mac & cheese was not right at all. We got the waiter's attention, and expressed that there was an odd taste. Since he said earlier that it was one of his favorites, he had a taste of what was served to us... And sure enough, he said that he knew what we were talking about. So he brings it to the kitchen and comes back with our plate saying its the beer cheese and that the chef had put more than the right amount of beer in it and that's why it has that taste.
First of all, the menu states it only has cheddar cheese in it and NOT beer cheese.
Secondly; maybe, there would be a bit of bitterness in a "Beer Cheese", however, this taste rotten, sour and rancid.
I may not be a certified chef, but I have been running a few restaurants in the valley and would at least know if the food would taste right or not.
Lastly, my husband was not even offered anything to rectify this... Not that we were going to accept anything, BUT just looking for a gesture to correct the complaint.
This is not in any way our servers fault. I'm just expressing how inconsiderate and unprofessional they handle customers complaints.
We went out to end up eating at home and redo my salad.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 9 January 2018

My Tuesday bridge partner Cathy and I decided to try this restaurant for dinner after bridge. Cathy ordered the Roasted Pheasant – with marsala mushroom sauce. It was served over the Chef’s Choice of vegetables…which was green beans. She also ordered mashed potatoes…Wedge Salad (which she gave me half…and it was tasty…I liked it.)…took home the Chocolate Blintzes for dessert.

Cathy raved about the Roasted Pheasant. She thought it was wonderful...and that the price was very affordable.

I ordered the Spicy Lobster Mac and Cheese – baked lobster, elbow pasta, sharp cheddar , paprika and cayenne chili pepper.. It was good but I mean spicy…and I like hot.

Service was fast and efficient.

Date of visit: January 2018