All reviews per night recommend this hotel in town amethyst maintenance desk
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel is about 30min away from the brazillian airport since the argentinian one is known for frequent closures. The room we had was spacious enough for 3 people altough it was apparent that the hotel is quite old and whoever is doing the cleaning needs to do a more thorough job as there were molds in the bathroom. Breakfast needs improvement, a hot option can go a long way. The hotel is outside the main town, it'll cost 100arg pesos to get there and 120 to go back (dont pay anymore than that). There is someone from taxi company (who can also book tours for you) that has a booth in the hotel lobby. We recommend asking for Luis, he is a very pleasant guy and is keen to go the extra mile for you.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2017

A very clean, convenient hotel - we arrived early from Brazil at around 8 am and the front desk kindly let us check in. the room is clean and the view is great! breakfast is free but need more varieties. the car service at the hall also is great but a bit expensive. Considering its convenience, we ended up using it all the time. it even took us to a Amethyst mine some 50 km away.

Room Tip: you can check in early and this is important especially for those crossing border from Brazil
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Only problem with the hotel was that I left my camera (Nikon A900 in black canvas pouch) in the room when I checked out (4/12/17). I did not realise until I looked in my backpack back in Australia on early 7/12/17. When I contacted the hotel via internet and spoke to the hotel subsequently I was advised by reception and then the House Keeping staff that it was not there in the room so someone must have taken it from the room.
As it contains photos of a 2 month trip in South America I am very keen to recover it or at least the SD card and I will pay a reward for this.
Please respond to my email karentrevor2000@yahoo.com.au
Trevor

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The room was full of mold. On the walls in bedroom and bathroom and on the curtains. The curtain rod was fixed with tape, The door handle was broken. The room looked like it was from the 70s. The gym was so uninspiring with very old and rusted machines. The hotel really should need a renovation.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017

My family and i flew up to Iguazu for two nights during our trip to Argentina. Gran Tourbillon was affordable, and they had 'family rooms' (three single beds for us 'kids') which was very nice. The rooms were of a decent size, and had balconies overlooking the pool. The rooms felt clean, but pretty worn, and the shower didn't get warm until after it had been running for 30+ minutes (don't worry, two of us took cold showers).

There is an included continental breakfast, which was pretty good (and unlimited), and we ate dinner one night in the same restaurant, which was ok. Buffet style, nothing special, but easy and filling after a day hiking the falls.

Despite the hotel building being average, the service was exceptional.The front desk was very responsive, and helped us to schedule cabs to the falls, as well as a tour for our second day to an amethyst mine (which was very cool, actually). Overall, I would recommend this hotel for a budget-conscious traveler.... just know, you won't be getting any luxury!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family