Pirayu Lodge & Resort
Hotel Guamini Mision(Puerto Iguazu)
US$60
Iguazu Jungle Lodge(Puerto Iguazu)
US$89
US$80
Costa del Sol Iguazu(Puerto Iguazu)
US$110
US$101
US$169
US$137
Trip.com
Hotel Jardin de Iguazu(Puerto Iguazu)
US$68
Posada del Jacaranda(Puerto Iguazu)
US$64
Loi Suites Iguazu(Puerto Iguazu)
US$242
US$196
Hotels.com
US$180
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I think these cabanas were built in 1950 and they have NEVER NEVER been refurbished since. Our cabana had a hole in the wall where the rain came in. The furniture was very old and all the fabrics, curtains, towels etc were marked and worn. The sheet for the bed was not big enough to tuck in and we ended up in the middle of the night sleeping on the bare mattress. The paintwork was dirty and the whole cabana very sad! There was a motley assortment of kitchen equipment - no bottle opener, no tin opener.
Not recommended!

Reviewed 24 May 2016

In my opinion this was the worst hotel,lodge or resort I've stayed at in the last 20+ years.
It does NOT justify the 3 stars I saw on TripAdvisor. It is an old worn-out property. A new building is being built but the individual cabins should have been renovated first. The toilet is an antique, There is no banister on the stairs, just the screw holes.The unit we were in looks like it hasn't been painted in decades. The walls are dirty, the tile appears to be moldy, the shower door was off the track, the bedding was old, the towels threadbare.
Internet was only reliable at reception. T^here was a phone that didn't work. The advertised bar was only open in the morning while breakfast (meager) was being served.
We saw a number of reasonably priced hotels far nicer than Pirayu. We stayed there because it was a time share trade.

Room Tip: Pick a different facility
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I had a time share week that was going to expire if I didn't book it in a month so I found the Piraju Resort was available. I read some of the bad reviews and warning that there was construction on the site but thought I'd take a chance and hope to get a newly renovated room. There is a hotel being constructed next to the resort but that isn't an issue. None of the cabins are being renovated. All the furniture, buildings and linens are very old, worn and tattered. Much should be discarded yet they continue using them. We were there an entire week. On both weekends there is loud drumming and lots of partying noise from the park just below the resort on the river from locals who party all night long. The staff act like they don't know what you are talking about when asked about the noise but they must know that this is an issue. At the airport we talked to a couple who stayed at a brand new hotel for $50.00 a night so there are much better options available in the area. Do not go here. The web pictures are deceiving. The bar and exercise room are never open.

Room Tip: Far from the river.
Reviewed 19 January 2015

This hotel is unsuitable for foreigners, because of their sharp practice. They advertise (booking.com and other sites where the hotel is responsible for contents) US dollar prices and credit card (Visa, Amex) acceptance. However, at payment time the guest is told that only cash is accepted. The dollar price is converted to pesos at 1:13 (Jan 15) and the guest has to go to ATMs, whereof most only allow 1000 pesos withdrawals. These withdrawals are converted back to dollars at the official rate, i.e. 1:8 The result is a 62% price increase! Also, they have forgotten to delete the free airport transfer from their publicity; it applies no more.
The accommodation was average. Staff is friendly, but the rooms could be cleaner and better meintained.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Björn L
Reviewed 18 October 2014

The Pirayu Lodge was a very quiet, very relaxing place to stay after a long day of touring around the city and its landmarks. The lodge's pool was very inviting and a nice break from the heat as well. I must say Mauricio, the front desk attendant was awesome! He helped me with ALL my questions. He even called my tour company to confirm my tour for the following days. The manager was visible a lot of the times and was very friendly, not to mention very helpful with questions I had about the surrounding area. He even helped me order pizza after a long day of tours.

I think the only think I was a bit disappointed in was the breakfast selection. You were offered glazed croissants, bread, and fruit with the option of fruit, juice, and coffee.

Thank you again for all your help while visiting Argentina and Brazil!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo