See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 January 2015

This hotel is unsuitable for foreigners, because of their sharp practice. They advertise (booking.com and other sites where the hotel is responsible for contents) US dollar prices and credit card (Visa, Amex) acceptance. However, at payment time the guest is told that only cash is accepted. The dollar price is converted to pesos at 1:13 (Jan 15) and the guest has to go to ATMs, whereof most only allow 1000 pesos withdrawals. These withdrawals are converted back to dollars at the official rate, i.e. 1:8 The result is a 62% price increase! Also, they have forgotten to delete the free airport transfer from their publicity; it applies no more.
The accommodation was average. Staff is friendly, but the rooms could be cleaner and better meintained.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Björn L
Reviewed 18 October 2014

The Pirayu Lodge was a very quiet, very relaxing place to stay after a long day of touring around the city and its landmarks. The lodge's pool was very inviting and a nice break from the heat as well. I must say Mauricio, the front desk attendant was awesome! He helped me with ALL my questions. He even called my tour company to confirm my tour for the following days. The manager was visible a lot of the times and was very friendly, not to mention very helpful with questions I had about the surrounding area. He even helped me order pizza after a long day of tours.

I think the only think I was a bit disappointed in was the breakfast selection. You were offered glazed croissants, bread, and fruit with the option of fruit, juice, and coffee.

Thank you again for all your help while visiting Argentina and Brazil!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa Z
Reviewed 8 February 2014

As I could read in another opinions, there is a general lack of maintenance. Old structures with leaks if it rains, doors that make spooky sounds because they´ve been moving for a long time. You see, when you pay a certain amount of money you expect what you pay. And it is difficult to put a price to your expectations, because its a really subjective matter. But I´ve paid more in another places where I wouldn´t expect a lot and here... anyway. It´s a great place from outside, and for people who like sports (they have a volley net with sand and everything, you could practice football, paddle and tennis, and even swimming, if you dont mind the fact that swimming pool is small), but from the inside you pay a lot for less. And breakfast... just skip it. Its almost outrageous.
I wouldn´t recommend it.

Room Tip: If you are planning to stay in there and you´ve already pay, and it is raining when you are visiting any room/shack, please remember to search for leaks.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Aliquisnemo
Reviewed 4 January 2014

After a long, hot day visiting the park, this was a welcome respite. The place is old, but very well kept. The staff is helpful and friendly and go out of their way to accommodate. The bungalows are clean, but dated. The a/c works well and there is a kitchen so you can cook. They have a pool, tennis courts and many games for kids and adults. Very close to the 3 borders and can walk to downtown.

Room Tip: Choose a bungalow close to the main building.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stewart S
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel offered great service, the staff was extremely helpful with suggestions and booking for other restaurants. They were helpful when I needed to contact friends at another hotel. Shuttles were available for us to go into Iguazu Falls city.
They had a lovely swimming pool and in beautiful the jungle setting.
The rooms were large and very clean.
Food was available all day and dinner reservations were necessary for the evening meal. We attended a dinner with musical entertainment! The entertainment was great. The meal was not what we are used to here in Canada but I believe that it was good Argentinian food. There was lots of meat and very little vegetables, but as we continued with our trip we found the same things almost everywhere we went.
I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple