Loi Suites Iguazu(Puerto Iguazu)
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Costa del Sol Iguazu(Puerto Iguazu)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Iguazu Jungle Lodge(Puerto Iguazu)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Guamini Mision(Puerto Iguazu)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 October 2014

The Pirayu Lodge was a very quiet, very relaxing place to stay after a long day of touring around the city and its landmarks. The lodge's pool was very inviting and a nice break from the heat as well. I must say Mauricio, the front desk attendant was awesome! He helped me with ALL my questions. He even called my tour company to confirm my tour for the following days. The manager was visible a lot of the times and was very friendly, not to mention very helpful with questions I had about the surrounding area. He even helped me order pizza after a long day of tours.

I think the only think I was a bit disappointed in was the breakfast selection. You were offered glazed croissants, bread, and fruit with the option of fruit, juice, and coffee.

Thank you again for all your help while visiting Argentina and Brazil!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa Z
Reviewed 8 February 2014

As I could read in another opinions, there is a general lack of maintenance. Old structures with leaks if it rains, doors that make spooky sounds because they´ve been moving for a long time. You see, when you pay a certain amount of money you expect what you pay. And it is difficult to put a price to your expectations, because its a really subjective matter. But I´ve paid more in another places where I wouldn´t expect a lot and here... anyway. It´s a great place from outside, and for people who like sports (they have a volley net with sand and everything, you could practice football, paddle and tennis, and even swimming, if you dont mind the fact that swimming pool is small), but from the inside you pay a lot for less. And breakfast... just skip it. Its almost outrageous.
I wouldn´t recommend it.

Room Tip: If you are planning to stay in there and you´ve already pay, and it is raining when you are visiting any room/shack, please remember to search for leaks.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Aliquisnemo
Reviewed 4 January 2014

After a long, hot day visiting the park, this was a welcome respite. The place is old, but very well kept. The staff is helpful and friendly and go out of their way to accommodate. The bungalows are clean, but dated. The a/c works well and there is a kitchen so you can cook. They have a pool, tennis courts and many games for kids and adults. Very close to the 3 borders and can walk to downtown.

Room Tip: Choose a bungalow close to the main building.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stewart S
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel offered great service, the staff was extremely helpful with suggestions and booking for other restaurants. They were helpful when I needed to contact friends at another hotel. Shuttles were available for us to go into Iguazu Falls city.
They had a lovely swimming pool and in beautiful the jungle setting.
The rooms were large and very clean.
Food was available all day and dinner reservations were necessary for the evening meal. We attended a dinner with musical entertainment! The entertainment was great. The meal was not what we are used to here in Canada but I believe that it was good Argentinian food. There was lots of meat and very little vegetables, but as we continued with our trip we found the same things almost everywhere we went.
I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank She809
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed there during a week in december 2008, we had our Christmas there!
When we arrived was late, and dark, so they took us to the lodge and we thought oh my god! downhill with a pushchair, up and down steps and who knows what else, I was given the week by a member of the time share so she arranged for a 3 bedrooms, but we only had 2. Of the 2 one had the fan ceiling working on maximum one speed always and was frightening. The other one the fan had burning smell and the air conditioning unit wasnt working (35C at least to give you an idea and with 2 kids) of it so wasnt really nice, maintenance came and sorted the air conditioning unit but we ended with one fun only max speed and one not working. We had 2 bathrooms, and both of them had problems with the flushing systems, called for help but never got done in the week there. The decorations and curtains were dated, black outs ripped like you had a jaguar staying in the room at some point. The towels were probably the same ones since they ever opened and were with holes in them!
The maids that serviced them were fine, only good thing to say about the place, hard working people.
You have the swimming pool and jacuzzis with a bar, that only opened in the afternoons if that, The restaurant was always empty if not shut and breakfast was OK but not brilliant. We had room service most of the time, and every time you ordered the meals were looking or tasting different so what was lovely today, not sure if it was good the next time you ordered.
The reception staff was rude and I do speak and understand their language perfectly so they were no communication issues...
We had a welcome night with a drink and a pastie (empanadas) there were one per person and my kids didn't count! So not looking good from the beginning. We paid extra a lot of money for the Christmas Eve dinner which was ok and the best thing of the trip were the people sharing the resort with us, which all agreed that was a shambles. We also paid for a Christmas lunch, and they served us the left overs from the day before!!! I remember once we ordered a burger and came with egg and one of us doesnt eat egg so I apologise and explained, so they took it back and they brought the same one without the egg, you could see it there, so I explained i was going to pay for another one with no egg and quickly had a new one!
Wifi wasnt working, only worked in the lobby, and the phone in the room it only worked to call reception or room service.
Shops were not close, and we managed to get some groceries, but unless you had a car, you were nearly in the middle of the jungle at the most horrible and unfriendly place.
And to finish it I had to pay for all our room service and extras like Christmas dinners, etc, so when I wanted to pay they said only accepted American express i think so I needed to get cash! which meant 3/4 trips to town and to get money of cash points with a limit and on festive days banks don't open so a complete nightmare. If I ever go again to Iguazu, I know where I am not going. And I told my friend to stop paying her time share!!! My partner thought we were at N Bates Hotel!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family