1,370 results
All reviews half board blue lagoon turkey next year salad air con pool bar the main strip boiled eggs resident photographer thomson rep great holiday plenty of sunbeds bed and breakfast small fridge boat trip cold meats
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Cannot fault this hotel, only been here two days and it is beautiful. Very clean reception and dining area with plenty of staff. Our room is clean bright and fairly modern with tv hair dryer and a small fridge. Aircon is free and free WiFi all over hotel complex.
Good entertainment team with activities from morning till night.
Food is excellent with plenty of choice of starters lots of different salads. Snack bar for the limited time between restaurant opening times.
Plenty of choice of drinks and unlimited supply of bottled water and water fountains dotted around the resort.
Free bus to a nearby beach (haven't been there yet).
Lovely to watch the hang gliders flying above coming in to land at the nearby sandy beach.
A short stroll down a shop filled street to the beach where you can get a boat trip. No hassle from the shops along the route look at your leisure with no pressure to buy.
Lots of beauty and hair salons along the way offering an array of treatments at very reasonable prices. I had eyelash tint for £5 and hubby had a very nice shave for £4 while he was waiting for me. I ended up waiting for him as the man massaged some cream into his face and gave him a massage.
T u i holiday rep was here most of the day yesterday and very helpful with other guests requests. I have none as we are just here to relax and take local trips on the public buses and boat taxi.
Highly recommend this hotel if you are not a fussy or 3 star traveller with 5 star expectations.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Diane N
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from Hotel Karbel! I have never left a review before but I feel the need to.
I travelled alone with my 4 year old daughter which I was nervous about. It was the best thing ive ever done. The staff were fantastic. Especially the entertainment staff. They made our holiday. If you want a lively pool enviroment for all ages this is the hotel for you. Adults and kids all catered for. I made lots of good friends and so did my daughter. The overall atmosphere was fantastic.
Very clean hotel. Reception area is lovely.
However with it being the first year of all inclusive I think there are some areas for improvement.
The food in the resteraunt was nice but not enough choice. Needs more of a kids section. Its ok if you like lots of salad. Not enough hot meal options. Not enough fruit. Think they would benefit from self service pumps for soft drinks and beer at the pool bar. Ice cream should be available for more than 1 hour a day. And they would only give you a choice of 3 flavours when they have more in the freezer next to them and there was always a big queue.
The hairdressers in the salon are fab! And its really cheap! I had french plaits 1 day then on my last night I had a blow dry for £5! It is the best blowdry ive ever had! Better than my hairdresser can do with ghds!!
There is a photographer on sight Omar! He was excellent. Got some lovely photos of us both around the hotel grounds. Very good prices.
Excellent location.
Loved watching the paragliders coming off the mountains whilst sunbathing.
Lovely resort.
I got a good deal as I booked last minute. Very impressed for the price. However ive looked at prices for june and september and its double. If I had payed full price I would of been pretty dissapointed with the food selection.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank lizzy121284
Reviewed 28 May 2018

i must say im in the same boat as most of the negative reviewers..food is poor so after 4 days we had decided to eat out ..full english literally next door is 17TL steaks widely available 60TL ice cream for an hour really its ALL INCLUSIVEI ...beer isnt great so we ended up out last 3 nights once again 19TL a pint .. plenty of good points however its clean and the staff are good/efficient rooms are pretty basic but nice enough good location and plenty of sunbeds free full size pool table a bonus safe is 70TL pw now the major issue the main communal toilets which are by the poolside and to access the ladies you have to walk past the gents doorway now on arrival the door closer/retarder was hanging off so the gents door swings open whilst one is using the urinal and leaves males literally exposing themselves to all the women/girls i reported this on day 3 not fixed/resolved when leaving ... diabolical not for disabled too many slopes

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johngurnhill63
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very lush, spacious, tidy and stylish. The staff could not be more helpful with constant smiles and they’re willingness to go the extra mile to make your holiday special. The nightly entertainment was fantastic - from traditional Turkish dancing shows to Karaoke to bingo night. Definitely good value for money.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Laura P
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived back from a weeks stay at this hotel.

Good points - the hotel is so clean and most staff are lovely. The entertainment staff are great too and don’t bother you if you don’t want to get involved and just chill.

Location is good too. Close to everything without it being to OTT.

Room - was very clean and we had fresh towels and bedding most days. The only downside was we had an old room which was a little on the tired side and the shower cubical was really small. I believe that the rooms with the white doors are the refurbished ones and are nice. The AC was good and worked well at no extra cost. If you want to use the safe it’s chargeable.

Lobby area is a nice place to have a drink before dinner and to chill with one after. Very light, bright and roomy.

The pool area is big and there were always beds whatever time of day. So, no usual 6am get up to reserve your bed. That itself is a holiday as it’s ususlly me who does the towel run. Plenty of chairs and tables at the pool bar too.

Bad points - pool bar gets very crowded despite there being lots of table and chairs as some people use them as a base to sunbathe. The pool music the first 2 days blasted out from 10 am till 5 ! You couldn’t have a conversation over a drink. However, after a comment on TA this was rectified. Good on the hotel for taking reviews seriously

All inclusive - biggie for me this ! Beer and wine in plastic glasses ? Really ? I get it’s in the pool bar but still ! No water in bottles unless it’s with lunch and dinner. Breakfast was extremely limited. If you like nice cereals, lots of fruit, yoghurts and pastries along with freshly squeezed juices then this hotel isn’t for you. The tea was absolutely awful it was so strong and stewed and the milk wasn’t in
A fridge. Lunch was just okay and there was always salad. Good job I like salad. Dinner a little more choice but the standard is decidedly poor.
If you like lots of fresh fruit and veg then you’ll be disappointed. I really can understand the reviews saying the food is excellent/ good ? Really ?

Snack bar food was awful with tasteless burgers on stale buns !

Ice cream for an hour a day in which the queue was massive as there was only one server

On our last day our pick up was during breakfast hrs when the bar is closed. As we were about to get on the transfer to the airport I asked for a small bottle of water. I was refused ,saying that the bar was shut!! He offered me a flimsy plastic disposable cup of dispenser water. I explained it was for the transfer. Did want to know !! Just said bar closed. I didn’t then have time to buy one. The result was us sitting for over an hour and a half on the transfer with no water.

AI ? Mmmmm not like any I’ve been to before that’s for sure.

If we had paid full advertised price for this hotel I would have been miffed to say the least. However, paying less than half price as we only booked last minute made the week ok all In all

This hotel has potential if they take on board people’s reviews

Will I come back or recommend? No