1,096 results
All reviewssnack barblock bice creamnext yearcall to prayerturkeysaladpool arealovely hotelair conturkish bathgreat holidaywater gymentertainment guybar staffthe bell boyrooms are modern
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We had chosen the Marcan Resort as my other half had stayed a few years ago and loved it, since that it has rapidly deteriorated (Managment has changed). Sercan the Entertainer was amazing and made our stay more pleasant with his choices of entertainment and banter! Now to the rest of it, all the reception staff and the ‘Owner’ walk around with the most miserable faces and blatantly disregarded any issues I tried to address it all started on the first day when we purchased a Turkish Bath to use in the resort from our rep (which the hotel provided us with, WE NEVER ASKED) - when going to use it the Spa Manger refused to serve us as we never purchased it directly of him and we never gave him the money so he tried telling us he was fully booked (he wasn’t as he was touting for business everyday) when going to reception they said there is nothing they can do and refused to help us. Later we found that out shower flooded the whole bathroom due to the seal being broken, WHICH WE REPORTED AND NOTHING WAS DONE! We had to use our towels to mop the floor as no one could find a mop of any sort. A couple days in we had no toilet paper and the toiletries provided was already half used by previous people, took over 24 hours for some loo roll, luckily another couple had given us one from their room. Our towels had stains and was changed maybe twice over 10 days. We had booked a double room and had two singles, we asked for a double sheet and that couldn’t be provided. No coat hangers for our stuff and no extra blankets as at night it became very cold (they did provide us with another blanket 2 days later). WiFi was the worst I have ever seen not one part of the hotel did it work for more than 5 mins at the most. When booking all inclusive you expect a variety of Turkish cuisine and other bits. I LIVED ON SALAD AND RECOOKED CHIPS FOR 10 DAYS. Food that wasn’t eaten was mixed with fresh food but you could tell as things tasted off. The women waitresses walk around with long hair not tied up when dealing with food again looking miserable as sin. Hygiene isn’t something they consider there, as we even deliberately left little bits of dirt/mess in the room to see if it was cleaned and it was NEVER touched. We experienced some bad weather and we was not allowed to use the dining room to stay dry around 30 of us huddled round the pool bar as we had no ‘chilling’ place apart from your room. Please don’t expect to be able to watch television as you will only be able to watch BBC World News.

I could continue moaning as that is all I did but I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. Please note we stayed from the 21st - 30th of May 2018.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie C
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Never been to a 4* hotel which didn't provide pool towels or room safe facilities included in the cost but not this one. A safe costs £2 per day and they had to install one in my room (bolted to a wardrobe shelf). The WiFi is awful, I could get emails and whatsapp messages but couldn't access any websites. There are no quiet areas in this hotel, if you want to avoid load music playing either daytime around the pool or in the evening you simply can't.
Not the worst hotel I've been to but very disappointing for Turkey, I wouldn't book to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank RobRanson
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a week on Ai basis . Hotel is clean rooms a nice size, had a lovely view from our balcony .
Location is great short walk to the strip and beach.
Rooms cleaned haphazardly sometimes 8am sometimes 6pm sometimes not atall , towels in bathroom only replaced twice in a week.

Although it stated on website and on information in your room that pool towels are available they are not which frustratingly on first day of holiday meant quick trip to buy one.

WiFi is very hit and miss and very weak . No English tv apart from bbc world news .

Clientele some lovely some very rowdy drinking all day and being very loud and crude , nobody around the pool checking what was going on and staff seemed not to care .

Food was one of the worst AI I’ve been to , no fresh fruit only apples and oranges for breakfast , no pastries , if you like lots of cheeses and olives you will feel differently !
Some lovely salads but meat very poor quality we ate out every night and Olu Deniz has plenty of great restaurants at reasonable prices .

Don’t think I would stay here again as have stayed in 2 other hotels in Olu Deniz for same price and much better

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Just got back from this lovely hotel for second time & loved it all staff are so friendly lovely food the place is spotless. Staff couldn't do enough for you never had a problem getting bed. Coming back in august cant wait defo recommend this lovely hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank michellet810
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I'm not fussy never ever write reviews but this hotel is appalling not child friendly atall food and drink terrible we ate out every evening.

No cocktails drinks watered down you have to pay for drink after 11pm.

No kids club as stated!

No kids entertainment at all!!

2 waterslides which was never on!!

everyone who we spoke to whilst on holiday here said the same as us!!

Plus lots of Russians which they was very very rude

Avoid avoif avoid!!

Don't waste your money we are so disappointed!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family