See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The backpackers is unique in their layout and set-up, very different from a formal hotel or guest house. Rooms were clean and funky in design layout. Staff were friendly and helpful. A very different experience.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The boyfriend and I booked this beautiful forest retreat, not really knowing what to expect. We were very happy with the accommodation- a forest right off the main road! Beautiful. The owners were very friendly and professional, and very accommodating to all our needs. A special mention to Stefan, Riaan and Megan for making the trip so memorable.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I had checked online but when I arrived this hostel did not meet my expectations. We had rats in our room which made a lot of noise at night. Our room was at the front of the hostel and on each of the three nights we stayed I was woken by people banging on the front door in the middle of the night trying to get in. Though each room is a bit different and quirky I really didn’t enjoy my stay at all.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2018

It's a proper little jungle there in the hostel. I loved it. Overall it's a good spot for one or two nights stopover here in Knysna, with a good drive to lovely beaches (empty and beautiful) and views. The room was enjoyable. The kitchen was a little dirty with bugs all over the place, so that's something to work on. Pretty cool staff .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2018

The staff were so helpful and went that extra mile.

Rooms were simple and clean

The location was prime, the decor nice, so super food value for money.

I will defs send my people there.

Well done guys!