“Excellent hotel”

and 1 more site!
Romney Park All Suite Hotel & Spa
Ranked #20 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 11 December 2017

From the time I sent an email inquiring about vacancies, until the time I checked out, the service was superb. The staff were friendly and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble and they always had time for questions about the area. The hotel is clean and lovely, great staff from the chef who came out at breakfast time to the room cleaners and staff cleaning up around property putting the pillows away each night and bringing them out each morning. Our room was a lovely self catering unit with enough space for all to mingle around and not be too crowded. They have a turndown service so I found chocolates on my pillow each night.

The hotel is a 6 minute drive from the V&A Waterfront and a 20 minute drive to the aerial tramway for Table Mountain. The area is very central too, surrounded by tiny, narrow roads and some construction was going on next door to the hotel but it wasn’t annoying. Absolutely had a good time at the hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 November 2017

My husband, two teenage sons and myself stayed at Romney Park and had a great stay. We found the staff very warm and helpful and very down to earth which was refreshing! The rooms are very cosy and nicely furnished with a clean kitchen and comfortable beds. Breakfast at the restaurant was always delicious and a great way to start the day. Romney Park is set back from the beach and waterfront but its no hassle to ask reception to call a taxi for you, fair to the waterfront is 50 rand. I hope to come back again soon so I can use that beautiful bath (fingers crossed cape town gets some good rain soon)

As with any good review I do have some suggestions. I found that at night I was freezing, I know I could go down to reception to ask for a blanket but perhaps having some in the cupboards already might be a good addition. Housekeeping always seemed to be done very late, we would arrive back at roughly 430pm and our room was still being made or they would have just started which made us feel slightly awkward, Also they would sometimes forget the chocolates (petty I know, but its the little things that make hotels great) In the restaurant we often had to wait for a table to be cleared for us, not a big issue for us but others might find it tiresome.

Overall we had a fantastic stay and would highly recommend to others. Keep up the excellent work Romney Park!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
RomneyHotel, Owner at Romney Park All Suite Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good afternoon
Thank you kindly for your review of Romney Park, I sincerely appreciate the feedback as well as the constructive pointers which we need to work on...it is great to get this feedback so although we do have standards in place...we can see where we need to pull up our socks! Warm regards Susan Versfeld

Reviewed 17 November 2017

This place is pretty good. Suites are spacious although we didn't really need all the paraphernalia. Location is pretty good - easy to get a taxi. Lovely quiet spot. Cheap to get to everywhere you want to go.

Breakfast amazing!
Didn't use the pool or facilities. I would recommend this. Hotel staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2017

What a fantastic surprise. From the moment that we arrived to the last goodbye.
The attention to details the cleanliness of the hotel.
The food much better than we expected. Brerakfast was more than sufficient.
The staff very acommodating and helpful. The location to restaurants and the waterfront within a 10 - 15 min. walk.
We stayed for 2 days prior to our safari and 2 days on the return.
Cannot say enough about our lovely stay in Cape Town!

Room Tip: The 4th or 5th floor will have water view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2017

We usually stay in the surrounding of waterfront, but this time we decided to try this hotel in Green Point due to its all-suite facilities.We were not deceived. We chose a ground floor Senator suite, which was ideal for the family, as we have 2 kids. Very cosy and clean suite. The rooms are not that spacious, esp. the kids room, but they were clean with comfy beds. we slept really well. I was impressed by the availability and cleanliness of the kitchen utensils.
If there is one thing which is certainly commendable about the hotel is its customer care. All staff we met from Reception to restaurant and cleaners were all friendly and helpful. My daughter fell sick the first day we were in Cape T. They called for an experienced Doctor who came within minutes. The Chefs prepared special meals for her. And Ahmed the Chef even came to enquire about her health. We could not really go out the first day, but my kids never felt bored, as they certainly would have been in a standard hotel room. they could watch TV in living room and use the table to do colouring. Even the veranda was very convenient and safe for them to play outside.

My suggestions for improvement would be:
1. To grease the locks in the bathrooms as they are bit hard to handle, esp. if kids lock themselves inside
2. The breakfast is nice but basic. It should be more diverse with more varieties, esp the hot meals.
3. Although the place is very safe, may be security should be enhanced. I didn't see any camera around, esp at the gate and in lobby. I don't know if there is any.
4. Given that the gate is literally on the road and that thereafter stairs lead to the entrance door of hotel, new guests have to take their luggage up themselves. There is no bell boy per se, but the staff is always willing and ready to carry the luggage for you. BUT for that they must know that you are checking in. That is why a camera is important.

The hotel does not have an impressive entrance, lobby and reception area as standard 5-star hotels, but the personalised service and cleanliness greatly outweigh these aesthetic features of other hotels. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
RomneyHotel, General Manager at Romney Park All Suite Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Good afternoon
Many thanks for your kind review of Romney Park. I am extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay and that my team including Ahmed looked after you. Thank you for your constructive feedback it is always great to have comments from a fresh perspective that we can work on. Regarding cameras, we do have these on all entrances and the lobby but for security purposes they are discreet but they are there. The reception staff should have seen your arrival and come out to assist and I will take this up at our next meeting. Thank you for your recommendation...I would be happy to assist you with your next stay at Romney Park which can be arranged @ susan@romneypark.co.za...until then warm regards Susan Versfeld