The Villa Rosa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sweet Ocean View Guesthouse(Cape Town Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Atico Of Penthouses(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Cascades on the Promenade(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Riviera Suites(Cape Town Central)
Mojo Hotel(Cape Town)
View Hotel
Spring Tide Inn(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Premier Hotel Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
All reviewssea pointlocal busesdouble glazingb bbed breakfastevery morningexcellent breakfastguest housewonderful hostswater frontstay in cape townexcellent staywalking distancethree nightsother guestscamps bayexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I have stayed many times at The Villa Rosa...owned before by two sisters, it is now owned and managed by Steven and Greg, two talented hoteliers who have put their signature on this lovely old lady, making her even more delicious...I have stayed in most of the rooms, and cannot really fault any of them...it is a shame that High Level Road is so noisy, but I believe that double glazing is now fitted to all the front and side windows of each room, which has reduced this problem greatly...Steven prides himself on being a perfectionist...which he is...having been in the catering and hotel business for a long, long time...his breakfasts are phenomenal...and he loves to boast about his patisseries which he imports from France...they are so delicious that I find myself wanting more than one croissant, which often causes me heartache as they are usually only one each to every guest...hey ho!! still look on the bright side...I will not become fat...so can't wait to visit again soon, next time I hit Cape Town...if indeed I can get a reservation...an added bonus is Angus, the very funny sidekick to the boys, who oversees things on their day off...and Lynn, the original owner, who loves the place so much that she does a Friday there at the desk...

Stayed: January 2017
Greg L, Owner at The Villa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you Dr. J for your kind thoughts. Its always a treat having you stay with us.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

After a roundtrip through Namibia we stayed at Villa Rosa for 5 nights and it was the best accommodation with the friendliest hosts we could have imagined for our last days in Africa. Our room was very big and super cosy and we really liked the lovely and detailed decoration and style of the villa. Every morning we enjoyed the fresh breakfast and Greg and Steven provided us with very useful information and tips for Capetown and the surroundings :)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Greg L, Owner at The Villa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

We're so happy you had a good experience with us. Thank you for your positive feedback, which we will share with our staff.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My stay was far and above better than I could have imagined. Greg warmly greeted my colleague and I upon our arrival and gave us good recommendations for dinner. The location is great! It is very close to good restaurants and easy to get on and off the highways. It is only a few blocks from the water. Steven prepared a wonderful breakfast daily and even acquired gluten-free bread for my colleague. He worked around her dietary restrictions and even our dislikes. He even made me special birthday pancakes. Angus took great care of us on weekend. I would certainly return to stay again when I come back to Cape Town.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for such a lovely review. It was a pleasure to have you both stay with us. We will definitely share with Angus your warm thoughts. We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Greg and Steven were super friendly and helpful! They made us feel welcomed and took the time to help us plan our trip. Also, breakfast is a plus! Fresh and homemade. The location is awesome, just a few blocks away from the waterfront. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Greg L, Owner at The Villa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

We certainly appreciate your positive feedback and we look forward seeing you soon!!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Love this establishment. Great breakfast in fact the best breakfast I had. Quality linen. Attention to detail in every room. Walking distance from the promenade in Seapoint. The owners are friendly and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. A must!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Greg L, Owner at The Villa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you for taking the tine to write such a positive review. We will definitely pass it along to our dedicated staff.