52 De Wet(Bantry Bay)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Ellerman House(Bantry Bay)
President Hotel(Bantry Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea pointcape towndstv packageclose to shopsnice guesthousemain roadguest houseawesome place to staycafes and restaurantsnice arearegent streetminute walkstay there againperfect locationclean roomsnice breakfastsea front
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Had a beautiful stay with my girlfriend. I would definitely visit again.
The location was close to everything we wanted to see and visit.
We beautiful views all around us for our romantic weekend getaway.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 July 2016

Hi Akho,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I remember we actually had to postpone your trip to Cape Town because your girlfriend was ill. I was glad we had moved your weekend away as it stormed the whole weekend of your original booking and we were blessed with sunshine and blue skies when you arrived a month later...

I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us.
I do hope you return to us in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Great place to stay , secure , very convenient location for our staff, accommodation comfortable and having a fridge and microwave worked well for our staff. Rooms were always clean, staff are very accommodating

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2016

Hi Lorna,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.
We as the staff try to be as accommodating as possible so I am glad to hear you had a relaxing time with us, although you were here for work purposes.
Luckily we have the convenience of being so close to the V&A waterfront as well as the CTICC were all the business meetings usually happen and when done with the business meetings, the beachfront is mere steps away were you could have a nice cocktail with the beautiful sunset over the Atlantic Ocean.

We do hope you return to us on your next trip down to Cape Town.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

Villa Sunshine's location is 5min walk away from the promenade and all the fabulous coffee shops in Sea Point like "Mishus". Rooms are clean and you get definite get value for money. Thank you Mike for the friendly welcome. Regards from Namibia, Brigitte

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Hi Brigitte,

Thank you for your review and thank you for the nice words about Mike,
It really boosts our morale when we see our names mentioned on a public forum for doing a good job, I am glad that Michael made you feel right at home at our lovely property.

We are very fortunate to be within walking distance of many of the fabulous restaurants Sea-point has to offer, I have not yet tried Mishus but I will have to try it now if you say its good.

We hope that you will return to us in the near future, Namibia is just a few hours away from Cape Town so it makes travelling back to us easy... I will let you know next time you return to us how Mishus was.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

Perfect location. Easy walk to Main road and restaurants and coffee shops as well as a quick walk to the Promenade. Camps bay around the corner! Transport is easily accessible and due to the location is very cheap. The hotel itself has incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Felt at home and the room was amazing.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Hi Niel,

Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at Villa Sunshine,
We are glad we were able to be of assistance to you on your short stay with us.

The Sea-point promenade is quite lovely especially around sunrise and sunset as that is when everyone comes out for their routine runs and it is fun for everyone, moms and tots, granny and grandad, dog walkers - even me, who doesn't like running, finds a sense of enjoyment with that amazing sea-breeze haha.

We are very fortunate to be so close to some of the great restaurants Sea-point has to offer, it is so convenient for our guests.

We hope that you will return to us in the near future and hope that we can accommodate you for longer next time.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

Everything you could want in a guesthouse. Comfortable, bright & airy, quiet & relaxed, spotlessly clean, nice decor, a pool, top notch service (thank you Jarryd) and really great value.
It's in Sea Point which is a great part of Cape Town. Good for food, Clifton Beaches, Lion's Head.
Recommended!

Room Tip: Upstairs (3 rooms) is nicer
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 16 May 2016

Thank you so much for the review, I like to make my responses personal but I see you have no name or even a hint in your username - but I have a feeling I know who you are.

Thank you for the special mention to our cleanliness and service we really do take a lot of pride in what we do here at Villa Sunshine. We are very fortunate to be so close to great restaurants, it is so convenient to our guests. Clifton beaches just a 4 minute car ride to the left of us, with the popular Camps bay beach just on the other side of Clifton and V&A waterfront 10 minute car ride to the right of us, we are very blessed.

Next time you come down, we should look at sending you on a few tours around Cape Town, we have a wonderful wine region which us as locals love exploring, and the Cape Point tour where you stand on the tip of Afrika and see where the two oceans meet as well as visit the penguin colony exclusive to Boulders beach. Next time, weather permitting, you coud also take a nice relaxing ferry out to Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was held as a prisoner and take part in the Island tour before sailing back and having a nice dinner in the V&A Waterfront. - I can arrange all these tours for you right here at the guest house - but we will wait for next time because I know you come down for Afrika Burn every year and hope you will come and spend at least more than 2 days with us next time.

Once again Anthony, thank you for staying with Villa Sunshine and thank you for the kind review - at least you are approaching your summer season in the UK now.

Kind Regards