Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
FindHotel
All reviews protea hotel valet parking sea view balcony december
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 February 2020 via mobile

Old hotel , nice service, nice environment but a bit dangerous in the area
Not recommended with families
I was upgraded in my room by a very nice hostess, nice terrace on the street
My first room was a bit small and bathroom getting old

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank arnaudgaertner
Nicole Munro, Owner at The Edward, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2021

Reviewed 2 February 2020

We enjoy the buffet meals at the Protea Edward Hotel. The Saturday buffets were a rave with an excellent range of dishes complimented by a variety of salads and delectable desserts.
Of recent we noticed a significant scaling down in the foods on offer.
To compensatefor this disappointment is the presence of Mr George Mahlala. I deem this as an excellent addition to the kitchen staff.
He is very creative and his culinary skills have left a definite impression on us. We compliment the hotel on securing the services of this talented and passionate chef
I thanking George for his excellent presentation and delicious meal he served us, I want to wish him even further success.
May you increase the number of patrons at this beachfront hotel.
I am looking forward to my next visit. Will enquire whethre George is on duty before I leave home.
Compliments and congratulations and sincere gratitude

Date of stay: February 2020
Belinda N, General Manager at The Edward, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Dear Easygoing282

Thank you for taking the time to complete post a review after your recent dining experience at the Protea Hotel by Marriott® Durban Edward.

I am delighted to hear that our new sous chef George made such a good impression on you, I wish to assure you that we have congratulated him for doing such an outstanding job!

Please note that due to large groups staying over the past few weekends, we had to change our buffet offerings and will soon return to the usual Saturday night buffets that you have become accustomed to.

Thank you for your long standing loyalty with our establishment, we look forward to welcoming you both back to the Brasserie Restaurant.

Kind regards

Andrew Govender

Reviewed 24 January 2020 via mobile

One of the worst hotels that I have ever stayed in. We booked for three nights and checked out after the first night. The air conditioning did not work. The hotel looks terribly unkempt. It has neither character or appeal and is in serious need for an upgrade. It is in a very bad location and is not recommended. However the staff were extremely pleasant and went out of their way to assist us.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank BoodyRocco
Belinda N, Guest Relations Manager at The Edward, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2020

Dear BoodyRocco Edward

On behalf of the management and STAFF at Protea Hotel by Marriott Durban Edward, I would like to apologize most sincerely for your unacceptable service experience.

Thank you for taking the time to report your constructive criticism as it is absolutely necessary for us to know how our GUESTS experience our service and facilities. We value your feedback as an extremely important tool in our day to day operations, as this helps us to improve your next stay.

Also, appreciate your compliment about our hotel staff, we are truly lucky to have such stars working alongside us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 January 2020

Myself and my husband stayed for 3 nights early December on a bed and breakfast basis. Check in was quick and easy, our room was average, but had everything we needed. Breakfasts were good with plenty of choice. Had to go and find staff to serve us coffee on a couple of occasions as we weren't asked. Would like to say the bar man however in the evenings (they have a happy hour every day) was outstanding, unfortunately I don't remember his name, but he was super friendly and chatty, and because we were sat outside on the terrace he came out to see if we wanted more drinks, and brought them out to us. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank TAZZER1
Belinda N, Guest Relations Manager at The Edward, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Dear TAZZER1

We rely on GUEST feedback to determine both the positive and negative aspects of our hotel and to improve wherever possible.

TAZZER1, we are delighted to learn that you will be staying with us again, we should welcome another opportunity to show you true Durban Hospitality at its best!

Reviewed 7 January 2020

Stayed here on 25 december for 1 night. It was my first stay at this particular protea hotel and i must say i left feeling impressed. My room was spacious and had a balcony. love the view. Although old fashioned, the room and bathroom were clean. Swimming pool area looked inviting but i didnt end up using it. The staff at this hotel are warm and ready to help with bags etc. I felt special. I would return

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank es786

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality