Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
SAVE US$22
Hotels.comUS$91
Trip.comUS$89
FindHotel
All reviews a wonderful stay cape town bed and breakfast indian ocean guesthouse durbs
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2020

I have enjoyed many pleasurable visits to The Grange, and I highly recommend it to business and pleasure traveler alike. The Grange is is a beautiful 'old Durban' property, purposefully and sensitively converted into a modern Bed and Breakfast, offering all the mod cons. Trish and her staff make sure to welcome you on arrival and are always attentive and responsive to your needs as a guest.
... and the breakfast is top class too!

Room tip: East-facing rooms offer a tranquil view of the Indian Ocean
Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Mutari Wada, Owner at The Grange Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2020

Thank you so much for your review, we do so appreciate it.
Indeed we cater for both Tourist and Business guests (Although our Tourist Guests are very few this past year with the Covid restrictions, but we do look forward to welcoming tourists again as boarders re-open).
Yes we do try to make our business travel feel as much of a "home from home" experience, in "our" home.
Thank you again and take care during these uncertain Covid times.

Reviewed 1 December 2019

Beautiful guesthouse close to all amenities and view of the sea from the 1st floor. Great breakfast and professional, friendly service. Interesting collection of artwork in guesthouse and rooms.Very comfortable and well equipped.

Room tip: Upstairs had a lovely view.
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GrangeDurban, Manager at The Grange Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2019

Thank you for your review, we do appreciate feed back from our guests.
We are indeed located close to all amenities, tucked away in the quiet residential neighbourhood of Durban North (away from the busy city life / and yet close enough to get to most Durban sites , beaches, shopping centres and business areas).
The sea views from the first floor used to be enjoyed from our ground floor patio as well, but over the past years these sea views have become "Seas glimpses" for those taller folk like myself.... The Ground floor sea views have been obscured over the years with the lush green neighbourhood trees growing higher.. I guess with global warming, we should be grateful for the growing trees.

The collection of art is from The Wada Families extensive travels through Africa and each has a unique story to tell.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 25 November 2019

Beautifully located on a quiet suburban street in the north of Durban. This guesthouse is a joy to visit. Everything is always so sparkling, the rooms are luxurious and there is off-street secure parking. I would highly recommended The Grange for both business and leisure stays. Trisha and her team are friendly and helpful and the breakfasts are superb. Thank you Trisha for always going the extra mile, we love coming to The Grange and will keep coming back!

Date of stay: September 2019
GrangeDurban, Manager at The Grange Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2019

Thank you so much for your review, we do so enjoy our guests returning like you do... it makes you more like family! And yes indeed ... Breakfast is the most important meal of the day ... even if we have to send you off extra early with a "packed breakfast" (good for other guests to know this is an option for those extra early morning departures.

We strive to continue to make our guests stay a good one!
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 12 November 2019

The Grange came highly recommended by colleagues frequenting Durban. From the moment I walked in it just felt right, like home. No hotel stay for me anymore when I am in Durban... ever! Beautiful house. Can't wait to come back when the sun shines so I can see the Indian Ocean from the rooms. (Its been raining non-stop). Thank you Trisha for welcoming me in your home!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
GrangeDurban, Manager at The Grange Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2019

Thank you for your review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay here.
... Yes indeed, you will have to come back (when the sun shines!)

As a local South African you understand how we are grateful for the rain (pity we cant ship some up to the Highveld for you). ... but the sun looks like it will be out today ....

We look forward to your return visit. I am so glad that you Business Guests enjoy our "Home from Home" environment.... until next time.

Reviewed 2 November 2019

After spending a week at the Oyster Box in Durban and other high end hotels in Cape Town , I wanted to spend a few nights at a beautiful B&B and was fortunate to find The Grange Guest house on Trip Advisor. I am about to spend my second night here and will return for a couple of more nights after a safari trip. My room is bright, clean and very comfortable. Trish, the host, and her team have taken care of every detail to make me feel right at home! You will love it here! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Date of stay: October 2019
GrangeDurban, Manager at The Grange Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2019

Thank you for your review, we are passionate about our Guests having a memorable stay in Durban and we do so love being part of the journey with our you all.
We love our city Durban, and hope your memories will bring you back for another adventure after this African Adventure.
We are very excited to now be visible on the top end of the TripAdvisor platform, and hope that your review encourages more guests to come and stay...
We look forward to your return to us today to enjoy the last two days in Durban before returning home.