Hotels.com
Agoda.com
FindHotel
Trip.com
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2019

This hotel is often frequented by sales reps from different companies outside Durban, 5 minutes walk to the beach, the lady at the reception is very friendly & always serve you with a smile, the rooms are very clean and neat, I had a wonderful stay at this Road Lodge in Durban, plenty safe parking, English breakfast was absolutely delicious,their prices are very cost effective.

Room tip: Rooms facing the East are better although you cannot see the ocean due to flat building.
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Sandanezwe
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2019

Reviewed 8 May 2019

very good clean budget accomodation with secure parking.carry your own snacks cold drinks etc as no shop within walking distance.rooms are clean and spacious but tv is very small with limited channels.staff are friendly.breakfast has to accomodate halaal.

Date of stay: April 2019
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2019

Thank you for staying with us and we are so glad that you had a great stay! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2019

terrible dirty and very untidy if I could rate I wouldn't even give it 1 star
I was at the Durban road lodge on the 17th Dec 2018 and also booked at Richards Bay for the rest of my holiday stay but I would like to emphasis that I was very disappointed with the rooms at the Durban branch it was not clean and very untidy compared to richardsbay I do hope that you could change the star ratings as you do not compete in any way with richardsbay and yet the charges for Durban is extra compared to richardsbay

sorry for the bad recommendations but I really did not like my stay at the Durban branch and would never visit the place again its pathetic

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank disgusted345
Reviewed 25 January 2019

I made last minute plans to visit Durban on the 30th December and i was fortunate enough to speak to Norma, who despite initially informing me that the place was fully, promised to inform me if there was a cancellation. Within the same day Norma called me and sent me a quotation after informing me of a cancellation. I arrived on the 30th December and her aura and attitude and level of professionalism swept me away. She was such a pleasure that i even contemplated extending my stay but couldn't because of pre-booked flights. I have now made Road Lodge Durban my accommodation of choice solely because of her. An asset to your Group she is! The facility is well kept and closer to all amenities and key areas of interest. Affordable and highly recommended.

Room tip: Centrall located, access to Durban CBD and beaches
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2019

We are so pleased to read such a review! Thank you for staying with us and commending our staff for their great efforts to give you a comfortable stay, meeting all your requirements and needs. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

The place is great if you just need a place to sleep and shower if you're in Durban for sight seeing and other activities. Receptionists are friendly and very welcoming and the security is tight. The only thing that worried me was the distance from the lodge to the beaches, its quite far. I had no problem walking to the beach in the afternoon because I needed to stretch my legs, but i came back when it got a little darker and i felt as if I'm not really safe, but all in all the lodge is amazeballs. Would definitely recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank OtumisengP
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.