See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2017

It actually started with the booking when my name was totally wrong after completed correctly on the quote request. When I rectified it, I was ignored and if not spoken.
Should have seen the warning signs then….

A very cold, unwelcoming, outdated venue. Not greeted properly at the door or introduced to the venue. No welcome drink & snacks on arrival as per quote. There were muffins and croissants wrapped in glad wrap – not sure if that was the snacks as the lady that opened the door just pointed where to sit, get some coffee and went back into the house.

We had booked a 60 min Full body Massage, 30 min Indian Head Massage, 30 min Hands & Feet Scrub Massage which started a 9h10 and ended 10h50 lost 20 minute in treatment? A steal @ R1640 for 2. Cheap Clicks Oil is used for massages. My husband had a trainee therapist that did not keep her distance and breathed the whole time in his face while doing the massage.

It was my birthday and they did not even bother to noticed it from the card that we had to fill in with a pen that was wet and dripping from water. No attention to detail at all.

The treatment rooms old, noisy, cold and unwelcoming and have not seen paint since the 70/80’s. Some fittings removed from the roof and not even bother to make it appealing. No mirrors in the room. Had to ask for the ladies room so that I can adjust myself for the next terrible experience…….the “Picnic”.

Picnic basket was terrible old food not suited for a picnic at 11h00 in the morning. The “hostess” is very unprofessional and seemed to be not hands on with the venue and services. Asked us where we would like the picnic. It is our 1st time at the venue, we do not know where it is usually served or what the options are. No setting for picnic provided. She did however mentioned that they usually put out blankets, not sure why we were not worth putting blankets out for.

Decided to rather leave then had to go and search for someone willing to open the gates.

Really people you have messed up my birthday

Just terribly unpleasant experience and I will not recommend to anyone.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marieackerman2017
Reviewed 2 July 2017

The location is great. Close to great malls and shops and easy access to main highways. The decor is lovely and the service was great. The breakfast was delicious and the bed was comfortable. I would suggest bringing your own soap and shampoo though.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 April 2017

While visiting, I've used the spa here before but the waxing and the massages are the worst! The woman who did my wax did a horrible job, and getting my money back was more than difficult. The food isn't even that great and the customer service leaves a bit to be desired. Really has a long way to go before they ever get better.

Room Tip: Beware the spa and the food, isn't worth it in the end
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank andevero
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Crane's nest 313 is clean nice and people are very fiendly.
All that everyone need to relax a bit. Also easy to find from the N1 north. Keep it up. Thanks guys and we will meet again next time I must come to Pretoria

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2016

I am writing to make a formal complaint against Spa Beua. My complaint is that Spa Beau failed to provide us with a satisfactory service for the package that we booked for a day spa treatment and lunch on 4/12/2016 for 3 people.

My complaint is that:

1. No gowns provided, once we asked for gowns, the manager said they will bring it, which never happened and we had to ask again. We were provided with winter gowns that was in a horrid state (torn and full of fluff) on a day above 32°C.
2. We asked for towels 3 times, though your confirmation email said that you provided towels. I asked where they keep the towels so that we can get it ourselves, the staff member provided us towels that was torn and washed out. We did not feel comfortable using the towels that looked like rags.
3. We waited more than 2 hours for our lunch, though the menu selection was completed at 10h00 we sat down for lunch just after 12h00 and waited till 14h35. The manager informed us that they did not complete our order and we had to settle for what is left. We changed to what is available to accommodate the staff and get our food. The food that was served was not up to par. It was unappealing and oily, the steak overcooked and chip portion was small. Apologies was made by the manager, she informed us that the chef was not on duty and they are doing the best they can. The food prices on the menu was ridiculous, together with the drink menu as we were served in hot glasses with no ice.
4. We waited 1hour to get served with a drink we had to order from your drink menu, as there was no complimentary juice, coffee or tea as per the package.
5. In the morning that we arrived we had a cup of coffee and no sugar was provided.
6. The choice of treatments was not communicated to the therapist, they prepared for the wrong treatment and we had to correct them, they handled it in a very professional way. Though our treatments was communicated and written down by the manager and no instruction was given to the therapists.
7. No toilet paper was in the 1 toilet available for everybody.
8. A staff member was shouted at by somebody in the reception area, where everybody could hear, this was very unprofessional.

The situation has caused me and my friends to have had a horrible day with regards to the service that we paid for, we were hungry and had to get a take away. We have been looking forward to spend a day together, but with what we got, we did not have the relax and fulfilling day that you offered.

In my view you should:
1. Provide gowns that is clean and neat. Have gowns for the summer time as it was blazing hot with the heat wave.
2. Ask the client to bring their own towels, sugar and snack
3. Get a less complicated lunch menu that your staff can handle without the chef on duties, toasted sandwiches maybe?
4. Make sure your have enough tea, coffee and juice if you advertise it in your package and charge people for it.
5. Have a better communication system with your therapist as they are the key point to your business.
6. Ask the client to bring toilet paper with, as you do not provide extra toilet paper in the bathroom.
7. Teach your staff to communication efficiently, have a owner or responsible person available.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends