All reviewstransit loungethe duty free areafree shopsinternational terminallong layoverovernight transitcalled receptionhour layovertransit passengersconnecting flightcomfortable bedan early flightbetween flightsgreat optionnight's sleepnext morningchecking out
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

After a long flight from New York all I needed was a shower and a peaceful sleep. I arrived at the hotel and booked for a night, met two lovely ladies at reception who were really friendly and kind to assist me . I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel the room was very beautiful n peaceful.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
PH-Transit, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Transit O.R. Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Good Day Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Protea Hotel Transit O.R. Tambo Airport through the Guest Satisfaction Survey.
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a VALUED CUSTOMER, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.
Thank you for staying at the Protea Hotel Transit O.R. Tambo Airport and We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Johannesburg.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I recently travelled for work and my flight was delayed, I booked into the protea and found it very relaxing the ambience and décor a pleasant welcome. I shopped around the duty free mall as well. My short stay was a very good experience.
The Hotel is a bit pricy , and i would love to experience other Protea Hotels in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
PH-Transit, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Transit O.R. Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Good Day Terry-Ann

Reviewed 18 March 2018

On recent business trips I had to stay over at OR Tambo Airport a couple of times. I stayed at the Protea Hotel that is situated in the transit area of the airport. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Price is not much more compared to what you will pay outside of the airport. And of course the convenience of staying at the airport.

One suggestion. It will be awesome if they could have a small gym or even just a treadmill available. After sitting in a plane for hours it will be good to "stretch" the legs a bit before the next flight.

Overall good value and comfort for the price.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank William_Esterhuizen
PH-Transit, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Transit O.R. Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Good Day William

Reviewed 17 March 2018

After a long flight, I booked a room for 6 hours so I could have a shower and sleep before travelling on. The room was clean and quiet. The shower is in the room. Plenty of hot water.The hotel room offered no frills, but it was fine for my needs.

Stayed: January 2018

Good Day Cheryl

I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and services experience were what you expected and deserve. We thank you and appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience.

We are looking forward to hosting you, on your next travels.
Yours In Hospitality

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

My flight to Maputo was delayed and I had to stay at Protea Hotel transit and if I were in the same situation I would gladly stay there again. I would recommend it to anyone who is stuck at the airport.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank TeboL4
PH-Transit, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Transit O.R. Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Good Day Tebo

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Protea Hotel Transit O.R. Tambo Airport with us.

Your valuable feedback helps identify areas of opportunity for us to improve the guest experience.
The hotel team, is committed to delivering an exceptional experience and are always brainstorming creative ways to exceed the expectations of our VALUED GUEST, such as yourself.

We are looking forward to hosting you, on your next travels and continue to give you the best Service.

PATRICIA MOROBE