• Breakfast included
  • Pool
Ange(Benoni)
  • Free Internet
All reviewspleasant gardenairport pick up and droppacked breakfastgreat hostsgated communitystayed hereone nightclose to the airportspacious guest houseoutlook lodgewould stay here againcape townshuttle servicefrancoiskrugersafaritambo
Reviewed 2 May 2018

This hotel/lodge is a basic but the costumer service is very professional, 5 star!!
We stayed for 1 night on our way from Cape Town to Mauritius and the staff took care of us is in a great way!
Our flight was delayed several hours and we didn't land until in the middle of the night, hours after our estimated arrival time, but a happy smiling driver was at the airport waiting to pick us up and drive us to the lodge. We left early the morning after before sunrise and the staff was ready for us with driver and a very nice packed breakfast to go as well as warm coffee and teas.
Even if it was only a quick layover in a basic room the professionalism, the punctuality and warm welcome the staff offered is priceless!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
FrancoisJones, General Manager at Outlook Lodge O.R. Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear kajsabennett,

Thank you for reviewing Outlook Lodge O.R. Tambo.

Your feedback on our staff and the service you received is much appreciated. The team here puts a lot of heart and dedication into what they do and it's great when our guests are able to see and fully experience that.

Until next time!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Upon arriving at the airport the transfer was effortless, especially since I touched down at 4:30am. Close to airport and was greeted very well by Candice upon arriving at the lodge. Was really jet lagged but staff made it comfortable and catered to my needs. Dinner was great and there was no need to think to go eat elsewhere. Room was comfortable and affordable as I was only there the one night before heading off the next day to the Kruger and suited what I was hoping for to a tea. Would stay here again for the convenience, affordability, safety and service. Thank you Candice for your hospitality as I would not have been able to enjoy Kruger without you and the staffs service.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank James W
FrancoisJones, General Manager at Outlook Lodge O.R. Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear James

Thank you for reviewing Outlook Lodge O.R. Tambo.

It's fantastic that you were able to stay with us, even if it was just for one night before your safari. Your feedback on the service you received as well as your accommodations and experience with us as a whole, is truly appreciated. I will also pass on your thanks to Candice.

Until next time.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We stayed at the lodge for one night before a safari and one night at the end of the safari. Candice looked after us very well and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are basic, but clean and affordable. Breakfast was great and beautifully presented. We also had a couple of evening meals there as we didn't want to venture out of the lodge and they too were excellent. Transfers to and from the airport also went very smoothly.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren37
FrancoisJones, General Manager at Outlook Lodge O.R. Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Lauren

Thank you for reviewing Outlook Lodge OR Tambo.

We're delighted that you enjoyed the breakfasts and dinners on offer - our chefs are incredible at what they do. I'm sure Candice was happy to assist you as well, and I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to her.

Hopefully you'll be staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I enjoyed my stay at the lodge, from the moment they collected me from the airport till I left for my safari. The room was all I needed, wifi was provided in the reception free of charge. Themba looked after me and no request was to much to ask for. The breakfast was outstanding. I'm sure that I will be staying here next time I'm in Johannesburg.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
FrancoisJones, General Manager at Outlook Lodge O.R. Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear Charlesjj1991,

Thank you for reviewing Outlook Lodge O.R Tambo.

Themba is outstanding at what he does and is always happy to help. I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and your stay as a whole.

Hopefully we'll be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I called to book one night for my airport layover and was offered a free shuttle. I was told over the phone, to send an email for that request. There was never a response to my email. On my day of travel, the so called free shuttle was nowhere to be seen, I waited 35 minutes then made my own way to the lodge. I was told on arrival that another staff member would be arriving to take my meal order. When she did arrive she was extremely rude and spent the whole time complaining that she needed to go home. Her tone was dismissive and in no way acceptable towards a paying customer. The entire experience seemed to be an inconvenience to her and eventually i had to tell her she didnt need to shout at me. For such a beautiful, convenient place for a layover, the staff they have take away everything good that the lodge could offer, particularly for tired, jet-lagged travelling guests. I would rather sleep at the airport terminal next time than go back.
What a pity.

Room Tip: Spare yourself the disappointment
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Tammy M
FrancoisJones, General Manager at Outlook Lodge O.R. Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Good day Tammy

Thank you for your honest feedback on your experience with us.

We do apologise and are distressed that you did not get to experience the great customer service that Outlook Lodges is known for.

We have identified the staff member that was on duty and have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again.

Having said that, we would also like to welcome you back for a complimentary stay at Outlook Lodge O.R Tambo, where you will be hosted by myself.