Expedia
Earn rewards for every stay
Mauro B

Sea, Sun, Peace, Quiet, and lovely food

Review of Gemma Resort
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Apr 2024
Great location, great food, great service, and a wonderful staff !
My daughter and I had a wonderful stay.
Every staff member is here to help you relax, and enjoy your vacation.
It was my second time at Gemma : one week in December, and one week in February. And I'll be back !
Thank you to the wonderful team which makes this place a gem.
Date of stay: February 2024
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Gemma Management, General Manager at Gemma Resort, responded to this review
Responded 16 Apr 2024
First and foremost, I would like to extend my appreciation to you for taking the time to leave your detailed feedback from your most recent visit to us. Feedback such as your own is how continually strive to improve, so I do thank you for this.

It is a pleasure to read the kind comments you mentioned regarding the hotel in general. Nevertheless, it is deeply disappointing to read the shortfalls in service you faced. We will certainly be addressing your comments regarding this. I do sincerely apologies for any shortfalls you faced, and would like to assure you that your comments will be passed on to the relevant management teams.

I do hope we receive the chance to welcome you back in the future, and would welcome the opportunity to make it right for you.

• Expedia
Free Wifi
Free parking
View more hotels in Marsa Alam
4,574 results
All reviews great vacation animation team contact mr playing beach volleyball restaurants bars rooms are large special thanks small gym all inclusive food lovely week fish highest level nice beach enjoyed my stay hotel is great a lot of fun many thanks
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2024

Overall all the services and Food, Stuff are really nice and polite, special Thanks to the behind the secine Chief Sief, Ramadan, Mahmoud life Guard, the towel Booth Atef
The accommodation they are perfect
Pool is heated, Beach is nice, Family Room is the best

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Gemma Management, General Manager at Gemma Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2024

Reviewed 5 April 2024

I had the pleasure of spending one fantastic week at Gemma Resort, which included the Easter holiday period.

As for the place, the whole area of the hotel is maintaned with the most care, the room was very spacious,well-equipped with all the things people might need and thoroughly cleaned every day. The resort is located right next to the beach, and all the facilities are accessible quickly and easily. Also a wide range of services are offered, including shops, diving opportunities or beauty treatments. In the Spa Centre I would especially recommend enjoying one (or more) of the many kind of massage sessions.

The variety of food at each meal was very wide, combined with high quality and delicious flavors. Either lovers of Italian cuisine or local flavours, I always found dishes to my liking. Besides I particularly liked the cocktail selection in the bars and also the little dessert specialities during the Easter holidays.

Only good things to say about the hotel staff too, the receptionists, waiters and the bar staff are all very friendly and helpful, providing fast and professional service. The animation team does a fantastic job, during the day they organise fun activities for all age groups, which are definitely worth taking part in. The team creates a pleasant and friendly atmosphere in the village, and makes the time spent there special and even more enjoyable. Every evening there are shows in the theatre, like talent shows and cabaret shows, which are all high-quality performances with a free and easy atmosphere. It was a pleasure to meet the Bravo team, and I wish the very best for all of them!

I heartily recommend the Gemma to everyone who is looking for a fantastic vacation in Egypt!

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Gemma Management, General Manager at Gemma Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2024

Reviewed 19 February 2024

All great, hot water, nice service :)
Highly recommended.
The see was in walking distance (less than 100 meters), hotel had a couple pools including one wormer, great for kids.
Because of the conflict ‘next door’ some of the attractions were not available.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Gemma Management, General Manager at Gemma Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2024

Reviewed 8 December 2023

We spent 2 weeks at the hotel. I do think the standard is very high and over all everthing is very good. It's one of the nicest hotels my family has been to. The staff, cleaners, waiters are all fantastic. The rooms were super, spacious, cleaned daily, the gardens very well maintained, everything the hotel offers is really of a high standard but...
The 1st week of our holiday was fantastic due to the food at the main restaurant but during the second week things got worse as the main restaurant closed due to renovations. The food in the second week was good but not exceptional as in the first week. The choice of food was limited in the second week, the drinks at the bar were diluted with a lot of water at the distributors, not all alcohols were available, the ice-cream also got worse. I think the worse part about our stay was the reef at the hotel. There was none. The reefs are dead and being keen snorklers we were shocked. At the hotel as well as far from the hotel all the reefs look like graveyards. We swam very far to the main reef and it was shocking as to how little life there is. We swam daily a few kilometers and saw nothing. We vist Egypt a few times per year and are shocked at how devastated the reef has become. The hotel's standard dropped in the second week because we were transferred from the main restaurant to a smaller one, it was cramped, tight and the choice of food much less. Over all I do have to conclude that everything was good and pleasant. Thank-you for a nice holiday

Room tip: Would be better if the main restaurant was open. The reef at the hotel & around the hotel is dead. Animations all in Italian
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Gemma Management, General Manager at Gemma Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2023

Reviewed 16 November 2023

We were very satisfied with services during our vacation. The hotel was clean. The food was various and delicious. We would like also say thanks for care to Muhammad from Maia Bar. He was kind and pleasure.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gemma Management, General Manager at Gemma Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2023

Dear Mr & Ms we would like to thank you for taking from your time to write to us this nice comment. all the team members are very happy that you are enjoying your holiday with us and we hope to see you all the time in your coming vacations. General Manager Ayman Hussien