3,238 results
All reviews sunset bar arii moana tere nui fare hoa mountain view our honeymoon overwater bungalow fish marine biologist room service plunge pool kids club sushi worth every penny golf cart main island french polynesia

Overwater Bungalow:
My wife and I had overwater bungalow 117. Beautiful view of the mountain from the back. Almost the entire back of the bungalow can be opened for views and fresh air. We didn't need any converters or adaptors. They have usb ports. There is a small refrigerator where you can keep an bottle or two.

Snorkeling:
The snorkeling at the bungalow was hit or miss, but there is a fantastic lagoon on property to see a wide variety of fish without any waves. The concierge will sell food for $2 per bag and charge to the room. Walk just past the concierge and down some steps into the water. This is the best place to start the snorkeling and then just let the slight current bring you back to the beach next to the concierge desk.

Beach:
So relaxing! The service was and food was great. The specialty drinks were approximately $25 each and beer was around $10. The drinks weren't very strong from a liquor standpoint, but the Coconut Cloud was very tasty.

Pool:
Very nice with great service.

Complimentary water activities:
Snorkeling, paddle board and kayaks available to borrow.

Recommended excursion:
Shark and Ray encounter with motu lunch.

Food:
We enjoyed the Sunset bar the most. We didn't hear the best feedback from Arii Moana (cost vs value). The pool/beach menu was delightful (upgrade to truffle fries).

Overall 5/5. Already dreaming about a return visit.

Room Tip: The 117 facing branch has a great view of the mountain and isn't too far from the main beach and facilities.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scott F
_MJagla_, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Ia Ora na Scott - and thank you for the wonderful review! We are so pleased to know that you and your wife so enjoyed your week-long stay with us, including your overwater bungalow suite, our Lagoon Sanctuary, the activities, and the food. We appreciate you choosing Four Seasons, and look very forward to your soon return!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Before coming to Bora Bora I was deciding whether to stay at the Four Seasons or St Regis, in the end I decided to stay in both. They are very similar and basically situated next to each other, however, you will notice some differences. The first part of the trip we stayed at the Four Seasons in an over water bungalow overlooking Otemanu mountain. The room was nice but compared to the one in St Regis a slightly smaller (especially the bathroom space) and less modern. The staff was very welcoming and made us feel special (they all knew it was my Birthday). The staff consisted more of the locals rather than of the International staff like in St Regis. The guests also seemed more international in St Regis, while it felt like there were more Americans in the FS at the time we visited. The resort is quite large so you’ll have to walk a lot or ask for a ride in one of their golf carts. It seemed a bit easier getting around SR thanks to the bikes that you could just take from one of the bike stands. As for the resort dining- we have tried their supposedly best restaurants at the resort- Arii Moana in FS and The Lagoon by Jean Georges in SR (the other times we ate on the island, which wasn’t the best option). From both restaurants we left a little unimpressed. Arii Moana seemed slightly better than The Lagoon, which was a little dissapointing for us (considering its a Jean-Georges restaurant). The breakfast selection was similar as well (although my boyfriend said the food was better in FS), the main difference was that the b’fast was included in the price in FS while it cost around $110 for a simple a la carte breakfast in SR. I really enjoyed the fresh coconut water and local banana poe in FS. As for the surroundings; FS may seem to be better maintained because of its more simple flora, SR seemed more rural and more authentic to me with a lot of flowers and trees that I didn’t find in FS. In that matter I liked SR more, while my bf prefered the FS’ greens better. I loved the FS SPA and I had one of the best massages with a therapist called Siti, I can highly recommend her for a Polynesian deep tissue massage. The second part of the stay we spent in one of the over water bungalow suites in St Regis. We upgraded to a two bedroom bungalow with a private pool overlooking Otemanu mountain so it was a different room category, however, we still saw a one bedroom bungalow and it appeared bigger and nicer than in FS with the exception of the view- both had incredible views but I think that FS may have been slightly better in terms of the direct view of the mountain. What I think that St. Regis had and FS didnt was the beach. The water seemed nicer and most importantly the beach was spacious enough for many people while the beach at the FS was so small that it didn’t even tempt us to enter. To sum it up, I really suggest you staying at both resorts so you can experience both for yourself. There were things I liked at one over the other but afterall it’s just a matter of preference. Personally, I would go back to both again but if I had to choose between the two it would probably be SR because of the flora, staff and the beach.

Room Tip: Closer to the mountain
Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pest04

Ia Ora na - and thank you for the nice review! We're very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are sure many readers will enjoy all of the information you shared. We look forward to welcoming you back again one day.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent 3 days here in an over water bungalow on our honeymoon and it was so incredibly beautiful and serene that it almost didn't seem real. Everywhere there are little windows in the floor where you can peek at the sea life below and from our bungalow you could get right into the turquoise water from a ladder. The service was tops and the food was excellent. It was the perfect way to relax and kick off our honeymoon!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank priyaandjaidev

Ia Ora na Priya and Jaidev - thank you for the "perfect" review of your honeymoon stay with us! We're thrilled that you chose to celebrate with us, and that you enjoyed your overwater bungalow suite, the service, and food. We would love to welcome you back for more memorable occasions in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Amazing place! Service is top notch, staff extremely helpful for any requests, and the glass floors in the overwater huts are mesmerizing. Food is excellent. Drinks are expensive though ($23 USD) so stock up on duty-free.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank jodi h
_MJagla_, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Ia Ora na Jodi - thank you for the lovely review! We're happy to know that you found your stay to be "amazing", and that you most enjoyed the service, overwater bungalow suites, and food. We certainly hope to welcome you back again one day.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Great experience in a true paradise. Staff were above expectations, always greeting us by name, bringing around unsolicited comfort items such as cool towels, etc. Accommodations excellent, food fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
1  Thank zidzad
_MJagla_, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Ia Ora na - we appreciate your lovely review and are happy to hear that you most enjoyed our staff, amenities, accommodations, and food. We would love to welcome you back again one day.