“Dinner at Bloody Mary’s”
Review of Bloody Mary's

Bloody Mary's
Ranked #15 of 54 Restaurants in Bora Bora
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

After many recommendations for this famous place we were greatly disappointed. The food was quite good but the charm that made it famous is gone. It has been rebuilt, has new owners, and has turned into a tourist trap living on it’s aging reputation.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,417)

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch at Bloody Marys yesterday, as part of the all day package we purchased through Moana Adventures. I had been so pumped to visit the World Famous Bloody Marys, but boy was I sadly disappointed. First of all, I don’t think I have ever rated a review this low, I am pretty easy to please and you have to really disappoint me to make me rate something lower than a 3. First off, Moana Adventures was great and has nothing to do with this review. We were dropped off for lunch at 12 and was to be picked back up at 1:00. We walked in and was seated at a reserved table immediately. That was very nice. Menu had a lot of good options and I opted for the grilled chicken wrap with fries, husband orders the buffalo wings and fries. Service was very good. So that’s were all the good stops for me. The waitress brings out the food, puts my husbands food down and then mind and there was a ROACH CRAWLING ON MY PLATE! OMG I was so disgusted. The waitress immediately grabbed my plate up and said she was so sorry and hurriedly brought my plate back to the back. All the while I’m thinking. Is she gonna just go knock that roach off and bring me back the same plate. There was no way of knowing, but after only about 2-3 minutes later, my food was back out. I ordered my wrap with no tomatoes and of course it had tomoates on it. So as I’m unwrapping the wrap to pull out the tomatoes, I’m praying this is a new wrap. I could only get down a couple bites before I just couldn’t eat anymore. I was just sick to my stomach. The only reason the review is 2 stars is because my husband liked his food. I would not recommend this restaurant, although with all the hype around it, a lot of you reading this will still go and just hope you don’t have a roach crawling on your plate. And they didn’t even offer to give us like a free dessert, souvenir...nothing. (Our food was prepaid for, so there was no option for a refund or partial refund). They just acted like it didn’t happen. Yuck!

1  Thank Misty F
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Bloody Marys was booked for us by our hotel....bus came picked us up and off we went.
we had a table for four booked and what i really liked was as soon as you entered you were told what the dishes were for the day....the meat and fish is all laid out on ice for you to see. we had ribs and shrimps to start followed by tuna, marlin, parrot fish (i think) and a stark...all cooked very well with nice salads and rice to accompany the main dish.
It wasn't cheep but its Bora Bora and nothing is. I would go back and try for lunch but enjoyed the ambience and the food the evening we attended

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We were on a catamaran cruise and Bloody Mary's is one of the 2 off boat meals we have during the week of our sailing. I expected decent service and decent food.

I would have expected better service considering that the catamaran company is guaranteed income for the restaurant. They bring their passengers to Bloody Marys EVERY week. Our experience was horrible.

From the moment we walked in, we should have known. The maitre'd was horrible and unfriendly. He basically forced us to sit at the bar where the service was deplorable. One of my friends ordered off the menu a Mojito and the bartender said they did not have the ingredients and walked away. There were 2 bartenders and they could not have been more rude.

We were waiting until our entire group arrived...there were 9 of us. Once we arrived, the restaurant did not seat us. We all were there and had to wait about 30 minutes before we went and asked if our table was ready...we had a reservation so they knew we were coming. The delay was completely uncalled for.

Once we sat, we were told someone would be by to tell how to order. No one came by. We all sat for about another 20 minutes before we decided to do what other guests had done and go over to the grill area and look at the display of the entrees. We were advised at that point to pick out what we would like to have, and that they cooked all their fish and meat rare...so if we wanted it cooked more to tell them. I ordered fish and asked for it to be cooked medium, while my friend asked for the steak and have it cooked medium well. While we were standing there placing our orders, there were numerous flies buzzing about and landing on the food...that was about to be cooked and served to us...really not appetizing.

Once our food arrived, my fish was cooked rare and I had to send it back. My friend's steak was cooked rare as well and he had to send it back. When our entrees came back, they were now medium rare...still too rare for both of us but we did not want to make the chef mad. I ate the outside edges of my fish. My friend could hardly eat his steak as it was so incredibly tough that it was hard to chew.

The server did not once come by to ask how we were doing or how the meal was.

The service was horrible, the meal was the worst meal I have eaten in a while. I cannot even hint to anyone to go here.

Stay away!!

1  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed 26 May 2018

We stopped at Bloody Mary's out of curiosity, and of course ordered a Bloody Mary. It is a fun atmosphere and the view of the ocean across the street is fantastic. This is a very casual place with sand floors and tree stumps for seats. I cannot comment on the food as we only had drinks, the Bloody Mary's were good. If you are in Bora Bora check out Bloody Mary's