All reviews yoga classes the salt water pool organic food village house eco village balinese music heaven on earth magical place own garden home grown amazing yoga spa staff beautiful resort open air pure bliss amazing staff rice paddies
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

When I arrived at Desa Seni it felt like arriving in paradise! I booked 8 days full yoga retreat. On the second day I fell over a loose rock in front of my lovely house. I fell so hard that I was unable to do anything anymore for the whole retreat. After I told the manager they did nothing! I paid over a thousand euros! You would expect some compensation from the resort, because it was for sure a fault of the resort. Very disappointed about their customer service

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Agnes V
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Arriving in paradise, yes, I agree! What is a business to do when people arrive in paradise, create an incident, expect compensation, like a free vacation, or they will write on trip advisor? I think it was the fault of the rock! Thank you for taking the time to post your experience!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Desa Seni is a beautiful sports to unwind and reconnect with the soul. The huts were unique and very comfortable. All the staff were so warm and friendly, food was amazing. Loved the yoga and had a great time relaxing pool side. Would highly recommend this amazing resort. Thank you Desa seni for the amazing holiday!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hello Nic,
Great having you and thank you for the visit and review. It is great when one gets to work with a group of passionate people and share in the joy with others. Glad you got to experience all the facets of Desa Seni and we look forward to your next visit. Matur suksma!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Fabulously peaceful and respectful venue in the middle of mad, busy, rushed Bali. Gorgeous care and wonderful service, an oasis of calm and beauty and health, all food was natural, beautiful and lovingly prepared on site. GREAT PLACE!! Loved hostess Fish.

Room tip: Choose a room looking into a private garden. Plenty to choose from
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Bliss is a state of mind! Thank you for letting us and the world know about your time with us! People
Line you only motivate us to keep doing what we love! Organic farming, yoga, spa, some of the offerings we share are all part of the village experience! We look forward to seeing you again! Terima kasih!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

i had an amazing time at Desa Seni, although it was a short stay but i had excellent yoga classes with Bernd, he is by far the best teacher i have came across throughout my yoga practise for last 6 years in Hong Kong, i regret for not staying longer.
The resort itself is beautiful situated in Canggu where you will find all the healthy cafes and restaurants close by. Santi the lady at front desk was very kind to assist me with all my queries, the village house that i stayed was beautiful. What i love best is the pool i could do my lap training every morning in between classes. it was never busy with the lovely view of the village houses. i could easily spend a couple of week here by myself!
Already looked forward to my next visit and this time i will request a room closest to the pool :)

Date of stay: June 2018

Why thank you! So great having a place and guests who participate and share the joy of life! Every day is a new day with opportunities abound! It all depends on what we are open to. Exploration of the self theougj experiences is what travelli g is about! We look forward to your coming home! Matur suksma!

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Desa Seni was a little slice of heaven. I stayed in a little village house that was so unique. Every element was tied to Balinese culture and explained in a book that I read every word of (not my standard vacation activity!). Beautiful grounds and spa. Spent a lot of time by the pool and had a delightful massage. Staff was so thoughtful and always smiling. And by staying there, you get free access to all yoga classes. I took two and loved them both. In my opinion, The only downside of Desa Seni is location; it's located in the southern part of Canggu, which I did not find to be walkable by foot for fear of being hit by a car or motorbike (there are no sidewalks), so transport does require either a motorbike or a taxi. There are a lot of great shops and restaurants in the area, but again, less convenient to get to. That said, the staff is more than happy to help you get a Blue Bird taxi, which is quite cheap and reliable, though it's recommended to have a map to show them where you want to go, as most do not know names of all places in the area.

Room tip: Brahma was small but delightful and close to the pool
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear Lydia, Thank you! It was a pleasure having you and sharing the many facets of our village! It is all here so there is no need to go out! Yes, best to take transport as the streets are a bit challenging! Vacation, sit back, relax and get pampered! See you on your next get away!