Lowest prices for your stay
WHotels.com
Free cancellation until 20/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 14/03/21
Expedia
Free cancellation until 14/03/21
Booking.comUS$499
TripadvisorUS$499
Trip.com
All reviews wet deck pininos adventures plunge pool reserva conchal lower pool azul beach chef roy treehouse suite resort fee living room bar bliss products mercado restaurant bpm festival costa rica pura vida modern design latitude restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 January 2021

Fell in love with the resort and especially ocean view room! I would come back again and again. The shower is amazing with the ocean view and 2 shower heads! Also had so much fun with ConchalFun activities that were brought to us right to the hotel beach.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank shawty2003
Reviewed 21 January 2021

My wife and I just returned from a fabulous stay at the W. We both work long hours and needed some kind of getaway from the hustle and bustle of life. After doing some research and reading quite a few reviews, we decided to vista Costa Rica and stay at the W. We stayed for a long weekend, which we could have used one more day but schedules did not permit that. We booked an ocean view suite along with the all-inclusive package. If you can afford to do that, I highly recommend that. We talked to another couple that booked a tree-house suite/room and did not have the all-inclusive package and they were pretty satisfied with how their trip went as well. Staff-wise, probably the best experience we've ever had. So many of them used our first names after the first day and that is a major reason why I choose to stay at Marriott properties. Obviously COVID is still around so yes, the staff may seem limited but we did not experience any difficulties. The property is immaculate and the food is very good. The beach is not a typical beach for a hotel as it is situated, access-wise, a little bit away from the "main" pool but that is what we liked. We like walking around and everything is walkable. I'll agree with another review - the constant "vibe" music can be a bit annoying but honestly, can't we all find something wrong with anything. Also, we rented a car from the airport. It's pretty inexpensive and you can get to the hotel a lot cheaper than the shuttles that are offered. It will take some time to get a rental car and you HAVE to take some kind of insurance - not the standard "my credit card covers it" deal but it was much cheaper anyways. Finally, a shout-out to Gina (kind of like Julie on The Love Boat), Kevin, Samantha (awesome restaurant person), Jordan, and Nestor. I wished the staff wore name tags because everyone was so friendly. Last thing - to see the howler monkeys, walk to the beach in front of the Westin in the morning. It's just down the beach from the W.

Room tip: Try to get a room in Tower 3, higher up if possible. Ocean view rooms are worth it. Plunge pools are not heated but we used them anyway.
Reviewed 20 January 2021

Stayed here for our honeymoon ...Everything was very pricey compared to Costa Rica prices. By all the pools and restaurants there is constant "bumping" music and it is very hard to relax. The only place to get any sort of quiet was making a reservation at the spa pool or sitting on the beach. They were low on staff by both pools for the small amount of people at the resort so it took quite some time to get drinks when sitting at the pools. The staff was very nice however there wasn't enough of them when sitting at the pools. Lastly, they couldn't get my bill correct when checking out and their was an unauthorized expense on there that they had to fix.
The views around the property are beautiful and their breakfast was very good.

Room tip: The Beach view rooms were nice.
Date of stay: January 2021
YASIL ALVARADO, General Manager at W Costa Rica - Reserva Conchal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Dear D4472RUhannaht,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the W Costa Rica - Reserva Conchal and providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We´re glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast service and wonderful views.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I would like to inform you that prior to establishing the prices at our different Food and Beverage venues, we have diligently conducted a thorough market study regarding the prices established by other properties, which navigate exactly in the same Luxury Segment as ours.

We also regret that the type of music played at our Escape disturbed you during your recent stay. As you may ascertain, the W brand is distinguished by being different from the other brands in our Marriott portfolio and the playlists available at these properties are considered a worldwide brand-standard which should always embrace a sense of uniqueness and comfort at all times. I am very sorry this was not the case and that the music played at our Escape did not fulfill the role for which it was intended, and rather, it affected your overall experience. I apologize for the shortcomings you encountered.

As per the comments you have made about the additional charge that was made into your hotel bill. Kindly send us a private message at w.lirwh.wc@marriott.com and our Welcome Office will be more than glad to review this matter for you.

I hope that despite the inconveniences you experienced, the rest of your stay was enjoyable and that you found our staff to be helpful and courteous. When your travels bring you back to our beautiful country, I hope that you will give us an opportunity to be of service to you again at su casa in Guanacaste.

YASIL ALVARADO COMPLEX MANAGEMENT OFFICE - GERECIA DE HOTEL COMPLEX
Playa Conchal, Cabo Velas / Santa Cruz, Guanacaste / Costa Rica
W COSTA RICA – RESERVA CONCHAL

Reviewed 18 January 2021

We have traveled all over the world and usually stay at the Marriott but this was by far the best experience for our family, We loved this hotel. The location is perfect, the room is ideal and the beds are blissfully comfortable. The breakfast was memorably good with so much to choose from. The pool was good to swim in as it was not too crowded and large enough for a good few lengths.
The beach also offers many services for other activities , but we found Pininos adventures through trip Advisor ,we email them and carlos immediately response my request , so same carlos who helped set us up with the excursions we had wanted to do while visiting. He was very knowledgeable in the tours available and showed us examples of all the different options so we knew what to expect. Also he helped set up transportation to get back to Liberia Airport , and was very nice and we would highly recommend using his services to set up anything, they are the best in town

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2021

its brand new property with good rooms and beautiful buildings. Employees working have a don't care about you attitude. Front desk over charged us and we had to fight to remove un-necessary charges. Beach is not kids friendly and pool near the beach is small and limited pool chairs. Overall not a good value.

Room tip: overall its overpriced for the service you get.
Date of stay: December 2020
YASIL ALVARADO, Director General at W Costa Rica - Reserva Conchal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2021

Dear SK77020

Thank you for sharing this review of your recent stay at our Escape. I am glad that you found our property to be gorgeous and well maintained.

Nonetheless, I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy the overall service provided. It is not usual that we receive constructive feedback regarding this matter. In contrary, most of the comments we usually receive speak very highly about the service culture that characterizes us and it really surprises me that it was different in your case. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

On the other hand, I am flabbergasted to read your comment on the beach, since it is considered one of the most beautiful in Costa Rica: sunsets in this bay are magnificent, the cove’s layout allows for a wave pattern to be enjoyed by all the family and it is a beautiful mile walk at morning or evening. Yet and due to beaches being public in our country, we unfortunately cannot provide more or better services than what we currently do without incurring in severe penalties.

YASIL ALVARADO