Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great fun AND educational

I wasn't super excited about doing this, but my kids wanted to so of course I went along. Ismael... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
X3724AElauram
Fort Worth, Texas
Chocolate wisdom is power! Must visit!

Ismael did a nice job to learn us more about chocolate! Definitely recommend to go here. You we... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$65.00
from US$49.00
from US$60.00
More Info
All reviews making chocolate chocolate workshop delicious chocolate sugar cane highlight of our trip chocolate drink global warming interactive tour la fortuna farm tour his passion costa rica small group super fun all ages juice lots of fun
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2021 via mobile

We have done three chocolate tours in the La Fortuna area and each has been unique. This one is focused more on making chocolate but still teaches about growing, harvesting, roasting etc. You get to sample two types of hot chocolate and make your own bonbons to take home. Both milk and dark chocolate are provided. As the chocolate cooled we extracted cane juice from the sugar cane and then Ishmael made us the most delicious lemonade! That was my favorite part! CountryTime will be never the same! We did get a farm tour to see the different crops and get a sense of the unique focus of Costa Rican farmers - to preserve the soil, the land, and the animal life. Sustainable farming. Totally worth the drive and the time, even if you’ve done a chocolate farm tour before.

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 4 February 2021

A hands-on: eye opening - workshop. We consy ourselves fortune and the culmination of destiny that we were in La Fortuna and attended this wow workshop with fab owners!!!

Reviewed 4 February 2021

We had a super fun and educational experience at Two Little Monkeys! This is a true family run business, operated by Ismail and Lindy and their two lovely children (monkeys!). Ismail did great job of teaching us the history of chocolate in Costa Rica and how it is made. We then had an opportunity to make and take our own delicous chocolate. We also used a press to make some sugar cane juice, which we then used to make delicious lemonade, with a little rum for those who desired it. As a bonus, we were led on a tour of the beautiful property, with its lovely ponds and native plants. All in all, a great experience. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 11 January 2021

It was so fun to go to Two Little Monkeys Chocolate! While I was there I got to participate in many activities such as planting a tree, swimming in a nearby river, learning how chocolate is made, and making my own sugarcane juice. These activities made the day so much fun!

Reviewed 7 January 2021

I had my student athletes on tour this winter in Costa Rica. One of our favorite places was Two Little Monkeys. The hands on experience was amazing. From planting (reforestation project), tasting the local fruit, chocolate, nuts to making chocolate and lemonade! The kids loved this place. IF you are looking for a tremendous learning experience and a lot of fun CHECK out Two Little Monkeys

Date of experience: December 2020