Hotel Capstone(Tuscaloosa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewseggs and sausagefront deskqueen bedu turnstay there againice machinedreamland bbqhot showeroutstanding staffground flooroff the highwayfirst floorquiet roomwi fitraveling alonethe rooms were nicethe air conditioning
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel staff Kevin and another person were very helpful in finding a room for our sensitive noses. The room first assigned was on the first floor, which is half underground and it had rained alot that day, had a very musty smell even after turning the air on. They found another room on the 3rd floor (no elevator) that was clean and no smell. Kevin asked if I needed any help to bring up our stuff, very nice unexpected offer.

The room was updated and everything clean. The only problem I had was with the ac unit. It was very old, dial knobs, and the low speed on the fan felt like you were in a wind tunnel while in bed. I think it was the position of the unit to the bed and the wall and the bed. Made the air swirl around. We ended up turning it off in the middle of the night. But that was no problem still was cool enough to sleep.

I was a little surprised that the largest bed was only a queen. This gave me an excuse to get closer to my wife. lol

It was raining when we were leaving so not having an covered portico at the entry was a problem. But I knew that when booking the room, so my bad.

I might stay here again if it's not been raining or forecasted to rain.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Huey H, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi DslRocks,

Thnaks for taking the time to rate us, Kelvi is a great addition to our team. he's one of the best him and sunny are super nice people at heart. Please come back to visit us, and we are 100% sure your visit will be better than the last, our promise!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Our previous stays were usually $60-80 per night, but for the night of The University of Alabama's graduation our rate went up to $375.99. This type of price gouging should be illegal! I would stay there again, but I am extremely disappointed in this price gouging practice, and will not be staying for a special event again.

Room Tip: First and second floors stay cooler during the summer heat
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thanks for staying with us, Please come back and visit with us. We were indeed offering the best rates during those dates.

Have a blessed day!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the stay and the prices for a room was $120 for two nights. It was easy access to I-20 and food, shopping. Very clean rooms and good service nice people close to Walmart, TacoCasa, and the University of Alabama.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Huey H, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Tricia,

Thanks for such a kind review- on behalf of our entire management and team. We say thanks for the 5star review. We know how hard it can be, earning a 5 but we are very appreciated.

Please note: we will continue to do everything in our powers to make every guest experience, a 5 star one. From the moment they enter the doors of Super 8 until the day they leave, we promise to make it right.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I stayed at the Super 8 Tuscaloosa and loved it. The room was spotlessly clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff was friendly, they had an electric charger for my Tesla, and the price was great. Overall I would say it was as good or better than hotels I have stayed at which cost double or triple the price. I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Huey H, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Robin,

Thanks for your 5star review of our property. Theres only two hotels with tesla chargers in the city, were one of them. Again thanks for staying with us, here at Super 8, please visit us again.

Management Team Member

Reviewed 8 May 2018

This hotel is a great deal for people who want a great stay at a budget price. Sunny who works at the front desk was very welcoming and helpful, the room was very clean and the hotel was quiet. The only thing I found was the beds were a little stiff but still comfy, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank tcickello

Tcickello,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our rooms was clean and that Sunny was amazing.