See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 February 2018

It was a quiet room on the 2nd floor. It was close to the University of AL. The staff told me it is a policy to have the customer check out the room before paying. We did. I turned down the 1st room because 1. Smell of smoke in the room. We booked a non smoking place. I don't want to see or smell it at all inside, whether it be a room or a hall. I was told this bldg smelled like smoke. I am guessing the first bldg close to the office was full. I asked. 2. Could not open the bathroom door all of the way as it hit the toilet. 3. The bath tub water was dripping. 4. Some red juice was in the sink, looked like Hawaiian punch fruit juice. So not clean. Full size fridge & freezer. Tiny 2 burner stove. New looking TV and microwave. Free WiFi with passcode. Free parking. Sheets were clean and mattresses looked new.

It is not a 3 star place as we saw in ratings on this place here on Booking.com It is closer to a 2 star. We accepted a room on the 2nd floor. The 2nd room we looked at. No elevators. The handle fell off of the luggage cart and the cart was dirty. Garbage piled up in a corner in a dumpster near the entrance door. We stayed in the bldg across the parking lot from the office. Bathroom needs attention, like caulking and fixing the shower to work. We tried to sit in the tub and wash, a tall person or big person would not have been able to do it and wash/rinse their hair under the faucet. The end of the bathroom counter was not finished, it was missing. The ceiling was peeling above the shower. There was one light shower curtain and if you could take a shower, it would have flooded the floor. The light fixture is outdated, the light bulbs didn't match. The carpet was wet near one bed from the A/C. The carpet could have been cleaner between the beds. The outlet between the beds did not work at all (so the phone on the wall didn't work and the alarm clock) and part of another didn't work (by the table). The lamp shade between the beds was peeling. Two very small pillows not even like a standard size and no others in the room or a blanket. No iron but there was an ironing board. No hair dryer. The stove top area was very old and outdated and some plug or knob near it was scary looking. The fridge/freezer needs painting. There was paint all over the floor near the door. The doors sealant needs replacing. Outrageous price for this room just because of the football game and home coming. On check out we waited for a while for someone to arrive so we could turn in the key. Then I noticed a sign stating they would be in at 9 am... We pushed the key under the door as we had to go.

Room Tip: I cannot suggest a good room. This hotel does have a policy that you check out your room booked before making a decision.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Place is a dump, spend a little more for someplace else. So, I'll start from the top. Elevator door barely worked - sounded like it was about to die. Single public bathroom that was like what you'd see in a gas station - dirty, smelly, and the toilet didn't flush. Vending machines empty or broken, we couldn't tell which. Strange smells in the hallway. Microwave was broken. Bathroom was functional, but barely. Two towels for 4 people and I never saw any cleaning staff to ask for more.
On the plus side, they have the nicest stairwells I've ever seen in a hotel.

If you need cheap - in every meaning of the word - and you don't care about comfort, quality, or cleanliness, then this is the place you're looking for. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We currently live here while we're waiting on our mobile home to be fixed and I'm in room 140 . It's football season and Alabama is playing Texas a&m today. The people are rude! Woke us up at seven this morning and not to mention they stayed up all night loud as crap. Drunk running the halls and screaming loud, my husband works nights and needs to sleep in the daytime . I have been here since August 31st and all home games are like this. I'm so sick of this place . I mean as we speak they are running he galls and screaming their fight song ! Do something now!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

The concept is great for families but they are seriously in need of a lot of minor maintenanced. The cleaning staff needs to be fired immediately. The floors in room are greasy and dirty. The hallways are just as dirty.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank valaree72
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

The room had a very bad odor! Walls were filthy!!! Only 1 plug worked in the whole room. Either TV that was in the room did not work!! Called for maintenance but no one there! Floors were sticky!!! I slept in my cloths on top of the covers!!! Would have told the desk how bad it was when we checked out but No one there from 9pm till 9am and we had to leave around 8. Was a very bad experience!!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family