Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Benny E
Singapore, Singapore

Terrible

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Jul 2014
Booked a suite for 2 nights.
Arrived at hotel at 14h, room was not ready so had to wait 1h.
Breakfast room is very small and choice of breakfast is very limited.
After the waitress asked me if I wanted type A or type B breakfast I waited for half hour and still got nothing but a coffee.
So I just left, packed my bags and went to check out.
Original idea was to stay 2 nights in this hotel.
Girl at reception told me computer is broken so I should pay cash, because I already used my vredit card for the warranty I told her I only wanted to use my credit card.
she started to send text messages and finally she managed to call someone to help her.
Check out took half hour.
I travel all the time for business and I don't need 5 star hotel, but if I pay 165 Euro for a room I expect also to get serious service.
Date of stay: July 2014
    HK$826
32.3 km from Manxin Hotel Shanghai Xintiandi
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Shanghai
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2014

On my travels to China, I stayed a few days in Shanghai. I booked online this small hotel as I wanted to experience a more authentic stay , rather than a big international hotel chain . Plus this hotel was very centrally located just next to the xintiandi area which is very nice and full of restaurants and bars ( maybe a bit too expat though , but very nicely done ).
The hotel is quite luxurious , even though small. the rooms are in classic romantic style with a bit of a mix between oriental and western . The room was very peaceful and the street where the hotel is located does not have much traffic . The staff was very helpful and could speak english. The hotel also has a fitness center , which was excellent as I do like to work out a bit at least even when I'm travelling.
There are a lot of food options all around the hotel . Their own restaurant is Japanese , but unfortunately did not try it . It will be for a next time . I wish there would be more hotels like this one .

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The perfect choice for a girlie weekend in Shanghai, this deco (renovated) hotel was centrally located, great value for money, staff were attentive and helpful, and it was great being in walking distance to lots including Huaihai park, shops, Xintiandi, subway stops. Would highly recommend to anyone. Breakfast was included in our rooms and was reasonable. Huge rooms, great bathrooms, each with different style. A good choice for a little oasis in the midst of this massive modern city.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed a few days in Shanghai in december 2013 , at the Casa Serena hotel , nicely located just by the Xintiandi area , very cool , lots of nice shops and restaurants .
the hotel is a small boutique style property with classic decoration a mix of western with oriental touches , very cute and well appointed . the staff was helpful and I did enjoy my stay there .

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tallebung
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Like such type of hotels. Not overcrowded, nice location. Convenient to reach both Pudong and Puxi by taxi. Just 1 block from Xintiandi and not far from Taikanglu. Service is good and very friendly. Have spa and good Spain cafe near by. Next time stay here for shure once more!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2011

It seems that this hotel (formerly Lapis Casa Hotel) is now run by new management. After reading several reviews, we booked the hotel based on its proximity to Xintiandi and the French Concession. The hotel has great potential to become a boutique hotel since it only has 18 rooms. However, we found that the upkeep of the hotel as well as the service was not up to par. We didn't expect luxury, but we at least expected friendly service and a warm atmosphere. The rooms were very dark and lacked proper lighting, the sheets were not fluffy and soft but were made of rough material, the bathrooms were moldy, there were exposed cables under the television, the amenities were in cardboard boxes, breakfast was very poor which included half a slice of sandwich and 1 piece of bacon or ham, and there was a foul smell in the room. Also, the lady at the front desk was not very friendly and seemed to raise her voice at us at times when we asked for directions. Service was really lacking and I hope management can improve on the service of their front desk. It's a pity because the hotel has great potential.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank chefmo1980
Robert C, Front Office Manager at Manxin Hotel Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear guests:
Thank you can stay in CASA SERENA hotel, in the face of the problem you proposed, has made great improvement, we strengthen the training, such as services to enhance the staff's service consciousness, and at the same time improve the quality of the service, the decoration of the room lights we also do the appropriate adjustment,we are looking forward to your visit again!