“When a burger advertises guacamole and pepper jack cheese, I expect guacamole and pepperjack cheese.”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with Chope
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #971 of 17,558 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I ate at this restaurant three days ago. The food was good, but the portions were incredibly small. We ordered potato skins "to share" and we got a measly three potato skins for 69 RMB. She ordered minestrone soup, which she liked, but it was slightly more than a shot.

I ordered the Southwestern burger. The picture in the menu was beautiful. The picture was of a huge burger dripping with guacamole and pepperjack cheese. What I got was a mediocre burger with a lot of pico de gallo and maybe a spoonful of guacamole. If there was cheese on it, I didn't notice it.

American prices with Chinese standards. I won't be dining there again.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Typical Friday’s. My boys love the jack Daniel ribs. Ok portion but more expensive than what you pay in the US. Oh well, this is not the US.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I am getting to the end of an 18 day business trip in Shanghai. And I wanted a nice western meal. First a word about service in restaurants in Shanghai. You ALWAYS have to call servers to your table. It is the culture here. The servers are not tipped and they basically bounce from customer to customer. The meal I had today was perfect and I split it with my partner. First we had an excellent Cobb salad with delicious honey mustard dressing. The greens were cold and crisp and the toppings were excellently prepared. Next came a full rack of Jack Daniel's Baby back ribs. I have tried ribs everywhere in China and I have never found any as close to being as good as the ribs at Fridays (The coleslaw was not as cold as I like but the fries were just right). We finished off the meal with a hot brownie with ice cream. Several visits ago I talked with the manager about the ice at Fridays and he assured me that the ice was made with purified water. So I had ice with my soda water and refills (refills are free). After we finished each course were called a server over and asked them to clear the dirty dishes (it will not happen otherwise). I am Western and I spend 3 or 4 months of the year on business in Shanghai. There were two western businessmen next to us that ordered steaks. They 100% cleaned their plates. And I can tell you that Fridays, Blue Frog, Elements & Tocks are the best reasonably priced restaurants in Shanghai I go to when I absolutely want a good meal with little or no nonsense. When I am in the mood for fine dining I go to Morton's, Ruth Chris or Scena on top of the Ritz. All the restaurants in the Grand Hyatt are good too (at least in my experience). To read about some absolute restaurant failures in Shanghai read some of my other reviews.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Two people for dinner. Staff spoke English okay, but the service was just not good enough especially taking into account that the place was not even half full. Had to call the waiter to order and the main course for one of us was served in the middle of the starter the last main course much later. Had a bacon cheese burger, but would recommend The Blue Frog next door instead for burgers. The experience is far from the real deal in US.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This is a beautiful location, behind Pudong Shangri-la and in front of the Hooters, next to The Bund, Pudong side. I came here when it opened 3/4 years ago. Later, many times more. Lunch time, afternoon quick bites and in the evenings. But today, I am kind of disappointed. This is late afternoon. Food quality is down, service is not so great. Shanghai changed too much recently. Fierce competition between foreign brands. There is no room for slowing down. Only one way to survive is to get better and better. I hope, TGI Friday's gets better soon.