All reviews horizon club summer palace kerry center chi spa grand premier room heated floor in the bathroom chop house corner room business trip excellent hotel jingan temple in room dining shopping mall common areas japanese restaurant business hotel five star hotel
Reviewed 7 November 2018

The hotel is in a good location with subway only 5 minutes walk. Rooms are very well decorated and of decent size, about 450 sq ft. Great views to the city and the executive floor is very well managed with full breakfast, aternoon tea, drinks in the evening with some snacks, all complimentary. Worth noting is the well equipped gym for body building lovers. I will stay there next trip for sure. Just that the Shanghai traffic is terrible, not the hotels fault though.

Room tip: Ask for executive floors if budget permits
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
JingAnShangri-La2018, General Manager at Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Frank C,
It’s really a great delight to know that you’ve enjoyed the overall experience in Horizon Club and fitness centre. Your generous words of praise will certainly be shared with the broader hotel team. We thank you for your kind patronage and your valuable time to write the review. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

We stayed there for a week and we where blown away, everything super clean and tidy, good location. We where in a Premier Room, love the TV in the mirror in the bathroom, cool touch but did not use it at all. We had a beautiful view on the 42nd floor. The breakfast buffed was one of the best I ever had, food there 5 star. Gym and spa the best I have ever seen in a hotel, I train 2 times a day so that is important to me. Will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Shanghai.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
JingAnShangri-La2018, General Manager at Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Skuli Steinn V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.
My team and I are very delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel, and particularly enjoyed our breakfast buffet, Health Club, and CHI, The Spa. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance for us at Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai, and we take pride in providing memorable stay experience for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Truly a five star hotel regarding the design, rooms and service! Everything is perfect and the staff is super friendly and perfectly trained. Received a nice update to a suite, which was very enjoyable

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
JingAnShangri-La2018, General Manager at Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Petsko,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very pleased to hear that you had a great stay at Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai, and thoroughly enjoyed our facilities and services. We hope to see you back at our hotel very soon. Have a pleasant day.

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for business trip as it's close to the office for a key meeting. Not cheap, but Jing An is a good location, right at Kerry Centre and minutes from Nanjing Road West (Plaza 66 is ALL luxury brands but level 5 is all restaurants and worth checking out if you don't feel like staying nearby). Mellower café across the street has good coffee but soggy croissant.

I stayed at room 3019 and it is quite a bit of walk from the elevator lobby (5 turns of corridors) but the room is nice and bright. I always like separate toilet and shower compartments and open closets. Love their pillows and bed, electric curtains (day and night), the small sofa and coffee table at the end of the bed. Absolutely ADORE THE TV IN THE BATHROOM (it's a part of the mirror, use the remote control in the bathroom). Curious why they kept giving me bottles of water even though I had not finished what was there before. At least they made sure I will never be thirsty again.

It's still a Shangri-la hotel so you will smell their signature scent, but it's not as bad as China World Hotel in Beijing. Tolerable (I am sensitive to artificial scent). Nice lobby lounge for meetings and drinks, while the coffee shop is noisy and feels a bit cramped. 1515 on level 4 is also good for drinks.

A good business hotel and I would stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2018

Dear katherinecw,

Thank you for staying with us during your business trip to Shanghai. It’s a great delight to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel - from our strategic location in the heart of Jing An district to the well-designed facilities in our room. Your wonderful review has been shared with our team; as an encouragement for us to continue reaching for higher milestone in guest satisfaction.
Once again, we thank you for your kind patronage and your valuable time to leave us the review. It will be our pleasure to welcome you to Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Short business trip to Shanghai, like this clean and comfortable room, since I was too busy and tired for dinner the night before, I was starving when I woke up in the morning. Appreciated for their quick and nice room services, though staff told me to wait for around 30 mins for the room services, it just took around 20 mins to get my breakfast arrived.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
JingAnShangri-La2015, General Manager at Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear Csheryl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very pleased to hear that you had a great stay in our hotel, and enjoyed our facilities and services. We hope to see you back at Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai very soon. Have a pleasant day.