Lowest prices for your stay
Special rate available
HK$478
Fully refundable before Fri, 31 May
Vio.com
Trip.com
Brian

Great location, great staff, good price, decent accomodations

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Dec 2019
I stayed here on a recent multi-day business trip. I chose this hotel for its balance of price, location and accommodations, and was satisfied.

On arrival there was confusion about my registration (which I had only made an hour before), but the staff was calm and polite and figured things out. The front desk staff spoke enough English for typical transactions.

The hotel is in a fascinating location within Shanghai, with easy walking access to a variety of neighborhoods. The hotel's immediate neighborhood is a typical, modest Chinese business district, with lots of typical local stores and not many Western affordances. But the hotel is also on a main road right next to People's Square, is a short walk to the Bund, a short walk to Xintiandi, and a short walk to other interesting places I didn't visit. There are Starbucks, McDonald's, and KFC nearby, convenient when you just want something familiar.

As to the hotel itself, on entrance it's a bit of a disappointment. It's old (or historic, more charitably), but the rooms are clean and modern and fine. My room did have a problem with the climate control and it was too hot, in the winter. I didn't ask the staff for help, so it might have just been my failure to understand how it worked.

I did not try the restaurant.
Date of stay: December 2019
    HK$512
32.2 km from Jinjiang MetroPolo Hotel Classiq Shanghai Peoples' Square
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Shanghai
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 October 2019

This place is the best hotel I stayed at.
Rooms were very well equipped. They were big and luxurious.
Staff was very welcoming, and helped a lot.
Breakfast was fantastic, with local and western food, so there was no chance I would had nothing to eat.
Location was perfect, as the hotel was located right on the Metro station. Very convenient. All around you have everything you need: supermarket, ATM, bus stations etc.

Room tip: All rooms are perfect
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank 820omerf
Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

Many positives. Good size room, comfortable bed, China news in English, fantastic Bell Boys especially Jack who was awesome and should be promoted. Location perfect for a week in Shanghai. Breakfast good.

On the negative side bathroom was a bit dated and grubby and the coffee at breakfast was a shocker. They saw no need to leave the machine on and keep the coffee hot. The view onto another brick wall was awful.

There were many wedding receptions at the hotel during our stay and it seemed like they were struggling to cope.

All in all great location and good value.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tommydeee
Reviewed 4 September 2019

The hotel is very peaceful, clean & the lobby area design is in traditional chinese style. Our room is perfect, except that the aircon is not cold, as it does not blow to our bed directions. Hotel staff are mostly friendly, except one receptionist which does not really smile and replied coldly. Hotel location is perfect! The people square subway station is located few steps away from the hotel & there are lots of recommended eatery located walking distance from the hotel.

Room tip: Higher floor and bigger room
Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank elynthefreedbird
Reviewed 4 June 2019 via mobile

I am in this hotel for a week in a business trip. My room is the number 410. The size is good but I have not views. I have told in the reception that I would be a week and I would like to see the street from my room because it’s hard to work in a dark place but it seems it was impossible because the windows are in the top of the wall and in a dark place. If I want to see throw the window I have to jump.
It has been my first day but I think it will be hard to stay all the week working in this room.
The breakfast and the people are ok and they speak English properly.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank IonBelaza
Reviewed 10 January 2019

The hotel is located very next to the Walking street thereby making it the ideal stop for eating and shopping. The room was unconventional with the bath, toilet and wash basin independent of each other and with frosted glass doors - in no way an ideal setup when you are sharing the twin room with a colleague. Overall it was overpriced and nothing much to talk about.

Date of stay: November 2018